S.AISWARYA IN BHARAT KALACHAR-26/1/17

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
CRama

S.AISWARYA IN BHARAT KALACHAR-26/1/17

Post by CRama »

Accompanists- Dr.M.Narmada-Violin
Kallidaikurichi Sivakumar-Mridangam
Nerkunnam Sankar-Ganjira.
Time- 4.00P.M to 6.00P.M
List of songs.
• Saveri varnam
• Pranamamyaham-Gowla-MV (S)
• Marakoti sundari manini-Bahudari- GNB (R,S)
• Vaishnava janato-Narsi Mehta-Mishra khamaj
• Nidhi chala sukhama-Kalyani T (R,N,S)
• Tani
• Dhono dhonya Pushpe Bhora-D.L.Roy
• Jagadodharana
• Jayati jayati Bharata mata-Khamas- Mayuram Viswantha Sastri.
• Tillana-Dhanasree-ST
• Mangalam

Another lovely concert from Aiswarya. The varnam was sung in three speeds. It is heartening to see that Aiswarya is expanding her repertoire to include some songs outside the MS repertoire. Pranamyaham and the next song Marakoti sundari in Bahudari have not been sung by MS. The long array of swarams for Pranamamyaham had some interesting combinations. There were many phrases ending at ri which was a proof of Aiswarya’s manodharmam and laya control. Bahudari alapana- I could not get that Bahudari muse which we will get in MMI/TVS alapanas. The song was rendered well with chittaswarams and the pallavi swarams also were good. Because of Republic Day, Vaishnava Janato came in between. But that best suits after the tani. The song being MS Special was rendered very well – with the bhavam and voice modulations most appropriate. Kalyani alapana was on the traditional lines- with time tested sancharams and characteristic pidis- long phrases interspersed with jarus and kampita gamakams made this a Maha kalyani. The alapana took 10 minutes. The song was rendered well with the sangathis in tact. Neraval at Mamatabandhanayuta nara stuti sukhama and the following swarams brought testimony to her sadhakam and imagination and control. The entire song took 40 minutes.

Dhono dhonyo, the Bengali song popularised by MS saluting our Janmabhoomi and Jayati Jayati Bharata Mata (not sung by MS) were special songs for the Republic Day. Dr. Narmada provided excellent accompaniment. Her alapanas of Bahudari and Kalyani and returns for neraval, swaras were soaked in raga bhavam and revealed her long experience of accompanying many great masters. Kallidaikurichi Sivakumar and Papanasam Sethuraman embellished the concert with their deft strokes, nadam, correct volume and anticipation. A very good concert for two hours.
Last edited by CRama on 28 Jan 2017, 21:45, edited 1 time in total.

Vignesh Viswanathan

Re: S.AISWARYA IN BHARAT KALACHAR-26/1/17

Post by Vignesh Viswanathan »

Thanks CRama for your excellent post. I was about to post Review but found happy seeing your beautiful Review.

I would also like to share my heartfelt experience of the Evening. Shri.Papanasam Sethuraman couldn't make it for the day, hence Aishwarya was accompanied by Shri.Nerkunam Shankar on Khanjira.

The Brisk Varnam at amazing First and Third Kalam filled the Bharat Kalachar - YGP Auditorium with Energy for the Evening.

Aishwarya's Effortless Sancharam in alapana was outstanding. Manodharma kalpana swaram was very appreciative. Proved her hold on the Raag and mood of the Composer on the Composition. Ultimately it was really a very pleasing abd Excellent Bahudaari Rendition.

Once again Aishwarya proved Kalyani to be her one among the Masterpieces. Her Neraval at "mamata bandhana yuta narastuti sukhama" brought the complete Question of the Composer on judging which is more sukham. Her Kalpana Swaram with calculative Korvais and sancharams showed her Patandharam explicitly.

Be it a Gujarati Bhajan or Bengali Bhajan. The Language, Spashtam of Words and Rasa projected how deeply she understands each words of the multilingual and rendering it at ease as a native.

Hindusthani Kaapi and Dhanshree placed a mark of the Evening.

The Rapid Composition of Mayooram Shaashtri made Patriotism flow on this very much 68th Republic Day of our Nation.

As Following to her Concert, there were a dance recital by students. Aishwarya concluded the Evening with Thillana.

The Naadham of Shri.Sivakumar and Shri.Shankar was inbam throughout the Evening. Their Thani made Audience to Enjoy the Calculative Korvai beats.

Dr.Narmada, "Singing with Violin", Gave a perfect support for Aishwarya.

Aishwarya once again proved to be a Torch bearer of our Shashthriya and Bhakthi Sangeeth in its Original form.

CRama

Post by CRama »

Reg Ganjira, I was sitting at the back and I thought it to be Nerkunnam Sankar. But seeing the progvramme list, I wrote as Papanasam Sethuraman. Now I have corrected it. Thanks for your erudite review, Vighnesh.

cienu

Post by cienu »

Dear CRama and Vignesh
Thank you both for the reviews.
Posting below a picture of the concert.
On the Tamburas were Sri Vaidyanathan and Smt Ramaa Venkatesh (a disciple of Aishwarya)
For a change Vignesh was in the audience.

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

cienu wrote:Smt Ramaa Venkatesh (a disciple of Aishwarya)
Congratulations to Aishwarya- she's now a guru as well!

Sivaramakrishnan

Post by Sivaramakrishnan »

Nice review.
CRama points out that MS hadn't sung Pranamamyaham / Maarakoti and that shows his years of intended listening and that's really great. It is a welcome thing that Aiswarya is not confining to the MS repertoire alone and at the same time rendering all those uruppadis famed by the legend with aplomb. And I'm afraid she may not find time for concerts if she starts tutoring so early - the parampara is so illustrious !!