2017 05 04 ChitraveenaNRavikiran CharumatiRaghuraman PatriSatishKumar GiridharUdupa ArunKumar @ SRSM

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
badari

2017 05 04 ChitraveenaNRavikiran CharumatiRaghuraman PatriSatishKumar GiridharUdupa ArunKumar @ SRSM

Post by badari »

Chitravina: Vid. ChitraveenaNRavikiran
Violin: Vid. CharumatiRaghuraman
Mridanga: Vid. PatriSatishKumar
Ghata: Vid. GiridharUdupa
RhythmPad: Vid. ArunKumar

Occasion: 79th Ramanavami Sangeethotsava / Sree Rama Seva Mandali
Venue: Fort High School, Bangalore

01 jagadAnanda kAraka nATa rAgam Adi tyAgarAja (O)

02 calamElara sAkEta rAmA mArgahindOLa adi tyAgarAja (S)
Swara at chalamelara

03 enna gAnu rAma bhajana kAmavarDhini rUpaka bhadhrAchala rAmadhAsa (A, N, S)
neraval @ rAmaciluka nokada penci
swaras @ rAma rAma rAmayanucu

04 sharaNam yAmi santAna rAmaswAmi twAm aham sahAna Adi OVK (A, N, S)
Neraval @ SharaNam yAmi

05 paramapurusham lalithApancham khaNDachApu Swathi Thirunal

08 rAga tAna pallavi shaNmukhapriyA,
tAna in shanmukhapriya, kANaDa, mOhana, bahudAri

09 BhAvayAmi raghurAmam rAgamAlike rUpaka swAthi thirunAL

10 nI nAma rUpamulaku mangaLa sourAshtra Adi tyAgarAja

Review later at
http://arohanaavarohana.blogspot.in/201 ... rasia.html

gardabha_gana

Re: 2017 05 04 ChitraveenaNRavikiran CharumatiRaghuraman PatriSatishKumar GiridharUdupa ArunKumar @ SRSM

Post by gardabha_gana »

I enjoyed this concert in parts - during alapanas, violin returns and tanam. I was extremely irritated with the rhythm pad as an instrument(no reference to the performer). It is a misfit in carnatic concerts, especially with the gotuvadyam/chitraveena and a fine artist like ravikiran. After a beautiful sahana or the exquisite tanam - one hears the T series kind of trin-trin sound and it is completely out of place. Charumathi was excellent in her returns. I have to admit being a fan of Ravikiran, the expectation is much higher for me.

hnbhagavan

Re: 2017 05 04 ChitraveenaNRavikiran CharumatiRaghuraman PatriSatishKumar GiridharUdupa ArunKumar @ SRSM

Post by hnbhagavan »

Even the percussion volume was Unusually high with Patri and giridhar banging at times.When things were OK RaviKiran consulted the audience.The resulting volume levels were very high for all instruments.Charumati raghuraman even in higher volume sounded very melodious.
A very good concert otherwise and as pointed out Rhythm pad was an intruder for the concert.

gardabha_gana

Post by gardabha_gana »

I agree with the volume - was plain noisy at times.