Parivadini LIVE - Amritha Murali @ Naada Inbam - 30th Jul 2017

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
MaheshS

Post by MaheshS »

Amritha Murali - Vocal
R.K.Shriramkumar - Violin
K.Arunprakash - Mridangam
N.Guruprasad - Ghatam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9alj9Yhrg6E

Sathguru Gajasyavani - Slokam
Maya Athitha - Mayamalavagowla [S] - Ponnaiah Pillai
Yukthamu Gadhu - Sri - T
Adiya Padhame - Varali [A, NS @ Nadu Pugazhndhidum Thillai Chidambaranadhan] - GKB
Dandayudhapanim - Anandha Bhairavi - MD
Evvare Ramaiah - Gangeyabhushani [A] - T
Parakela Nannu - Kedara Gowla - SS
Dhayaname Varamaina - Dhanyasi [A, NS @ dharanu velayu shrI rAmuni kOri] - T
Thani
Kanamal Vinile - Nilambari - Muttu Thandavar
Slokam - Kapi
Sri Radha Ramana - Kapi - ??
Slokam - Desh
Sarvam Bhramamayam - Desh - Sadasiva Bhramendrar
Mangalam

hnbhagavan

Re: Parivadini LIVE - Amritha Murali @ Naada Inbam - 30th Jul 2017

Post by hnbhagavan »

A fantastic concert by Amrita Murali.She is turning out to be a great Carnatic musician.a very rarely sung Yukthamu Gadhu in Sri raga was a treat to my ears.In fact her selections in this concert were not very popular ones.
The support by Sri RKSK,Arun and GuruPrasad contributed to the success of the concert.
Hats off to Amrita and team.

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Bhagavan,
Agree 100%.
Really wish RKSK wasn't so screechy.
Now tell me, why is AM sounding to me like RKM, especially the occasional crackle in her voice? Is it catching on in Chennai?

kvchellappa

Post by kvchellappa »

Both are learning from RKSK!
Artists whom RKSK accompanies are top notch, starting from the illustrious MS.
By the way, the trend of bringing out new uruppadis with a stamp of uzhaichufied ones is catching on. Arguably, this is the golden era of CM.

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

KVC, you're so right.
Just yesterday, we met a family of distinguished Malayalees who had been close to Swami Chinmayananda, and the family head is a the gentleman now old and a bit senile, but he has been himself a Vedanta Acharya for decades.

The conversation moved to the rudderless and rather exasperating behaviour of youth today and all the troublesome chaos around us. There hung in the room a stale smell of melancholy and hopelessness.

I cheered everybody up by my loud declaration that I think the golden age of India is now.

All the good work that people from Swami Vivekananda to the present-day gurus have been doing is creating an upsurge of activity of going back to our roots. Of pursuing excellence in every sphere. Of ending inequity and recognising merit.

I did not mention Carnatic music (they aren't into it) but I very much feel that many lovely threads of tradition, innovation, talent, application, connectedness, openness, opportunity, ability, presence, and most importantly commitment, are coming together as a rich tapestry of extraoridnary beauty.

ALL AROUND, I see only things that augur very well for a great southern Monsoon of musical prosperity.

Coming to Vid. Amritha Murali, I think I have said it before. She has a seamless poise to her music, a natural elegance, and an effortless melody. To crown it all, she wears a crown of good sense studded with a diamond of moderation. God bless.

kvchellappa

Post by kvchellappa »

It is great stuff, Sri RSachi.

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

Dear Rsachi,
I too noticed RKSK screechy and noisy at times.especially for fast sangatis and Swara prastana,the melody element was missing.You can notice this noisy pattern even in his solo recitals.Otherwise a great Vidwan and teacher.This is a bit disappointing in his accompaniments these days.

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

In the Indiranagar Sangeetha Sabha concert of RKM, RKSK was not screechy, only a tad loud in places. The audience loved his violin responses.
I think accompanying a high-pitched voice=lady may occasion tonal challenges,too.

I fully agree that RKSK, who has already a couple of cover story-issues of Sruti dedicated to him, is a musician and presenter par excellence. So we should perhaps stop cavilling at his violin sound lapses. What is the emoji for apology?

Found it:

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

Dear Rsachi,

Accompanying Amrita Murali in high pitch may be a challenge. Amrita Murali developing in to a great bani has very unhurried and clear diction approach.she is herself an excellent accompanying violinist.I have heard her several times along side Vijaya Siva.
Regarding RKSK,i agree with you and one need not worry about his screechy accompaniment once in a while.Perhaps accompanying RKM and Amrita are two different challenges.RKSK's enthusiasm to accompany and guide upcoming artists has to be appreciated.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Sachi,
You say it so well. Agreed. CM is not only well and alive--it is attracting many young ones who are taking it up seriously. Look at the plethora of active young musicians today, excellent gurus and all the patrons and dedicated rasikAs/organizers who bring them home to us if we cannot be there physically!
May the golden age continue!

As for Bengaluru, the once cinema haven, restaurants leader, is now getting to be a CM center too :)

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Bengaluru leads every other city by miles:
1. Traffic jams
2. Silicon mess
3. IT layoffs
3'. Post Edit - Start-ups networking for hires and business at Metro Stations
4. Large, beautiful gardens
5. Two big annual horticultural shows
6. Mango and Jackfruit melas
7. Tree-lined avenues
8. Round the year music concerts BOTH Hindustani and Carnatic
Here is a picture of a Metro station (Rashtriya Vidyalaya station)

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

Add Garbage issue also which was a non-issue in earlier days!

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

Sachi_R wrote: 01 Aug 2017, 08:28 The conversation moved to the rudderless and rather exasperating behaviour of youth today and all the troublesome chaos around us. There hung in the room a stale smell of melancholy and hopelessness.
Happened to browse the latest RD ( Reader's Digest) while waiting the Grocery Checkout lane - all inspired by varsha's postings. Colin Powell and Alma Powell have an article on that exact subject - "behaviour of youth today " and plenty of advice to Parents and teachers not to fail them!!

Happens to be online : http://www.rd.com/advice/parenting/coli ... o-america/

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Thanks, Shankarank!

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Kindly note that the slokas preceding the song are sung in Kapi first and then Behag. The song itself, Sri Radha Ramana, in Behag, is by Papanasam Sivan.

The sloka, "yam saivaah.." preceding the Sadasiva Brshmendra kriti is from a famous Belur temple inscription 12c CE, Karnataka.

gardabha_gana

Post by gardabha_gana »

Enjoyed the concert delayed... Many thanks to Parivadini who made it possible :)

shriram.krishnan72

Post by shriram.krishnan72 »

A lovely concert. Thoroughly enjoyable