2017 Oct 27 Ramakrishnan Murthy and team for Bangalore Gayana Samaja 47th Conference

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
badari

2017 Oct 27 Ramakrishnan Murthy and team for Bangalore Gayana Samaja 47th Conference

Post by badari »

Vocal: Vid. RamakrishnanMurthy
Violin: Vid. HKVenkatram
Mridanga: Vid. ArjunKumar
Khanjari: Vid. AnirudhAtreya

Venue / Occasion: BGS 47th Conference , Bangalore Gayana Samaja

01 mOhana rAma mOhana Adi tyAgarAja (O, N, S)
nereval and swara @ dhara manujAvatAra mahima vini

02 kOluvai yunnADE kOdanDapANi dEvagAndhAri Adi tyAgarAja (O)

03 ETi janmam idihA O rAma varALi tripuTa tyAgarAja (A, N, S, T)
nereval @ sAgara shayanuni tyAgarAjanutuni

04 ennaga manasuku neelAmbari Adi tyAgarAja

05 haridAsulu vEDalE yamunAkalyANi Adi tyAgarAja

06 RTPK - Bhairavi
AlApane with vaidEhi sahitam shloka and tAna in bhairavi
pallavi khaNDa tripuTa 2 kaLai 2 beats after samam
pallavi line: uraga rAja shayana srI rAma
rAgamAlika - Infinite of them .. Kalyani, dhanyAsi, kEdAra, begaDe, bindumAlini, kuntalavarALi, navarasakannada, husEni, sAranga, bauLi, rEvagupti, darbAr, sEsh, surUTi, and back to Bhairavi and many more which I could not recognise in the speed of delivery
Followed by upachAramulanu..

07 shri rAma jaya rAma shringAra rAma yadukula kAmbOdhi tALa? tyAgarAja

08 karuNA jaladhE dhAsharaThE nAdhanAmakriya Adi tyAgarAja

09 nI nAma rUpamulaku mangaLa sourAshtra Adi tyAgarAja

A review to follow at
http://arohanaavarohana.blogspot.in/201 ... urthy.html

hnbhagavan

Re: 2017 Oct 27 Ramakrishnan Murthy and team for Bangalore Gayana Samaja 47th Conference

Post by hnbhagavan »

It could be billed as the best concert of the Conference.
The concerts were:
Ranjani-Gayatri and team
T V Shankaranarayan
Vid D Balakrishna and Vamshidar
Dr. S sowmya
Vid R N Thyagarajan and Tharanathan
Vid Ramakrishnan Murthy
with two more to follow

Rsachi

Re: 2017 Oct 27 Ramakrishnan Murthy and team for Bangalore Gayana Samaja 47th Conference

Post by Rsachi »

My zoom photo from the fourth row 😀

I came in a bit late, Mohana Rama niraval and swaras. Lost time buying the ₹100 ticket.

RKM's voice and mood would have pleased the Sadguru.

The Bhairavi 2 tier shloka instead of a 2 tier alapana was a superb idea well executed. I celebrate 🙏🙏🙏 how these savvy stars sing the same Big 6 ragas constantly and still give us so much to enjoy.

The Haridasulu Vedale, Srirama Raghurama and the Karunajaladhe renditions created a devotion-charged mood.

I went up to Arjun Kumar after the concert and told him I would like to award a title to him after such a spectacular show of accompaniment and tani. "जबरदस्त". Khanjari Guru Prasanna heartily seconded me.

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

Excellent RSachi.I saw you in the VIP gallery.

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

Sir, I saw a distinguished gentleman in the front row with a haitstyle that looked just like yours, from behind. I was sure it was our HNB.
But when he got up to go and honour the musiciansit turned out to be RN Thyagarajan.

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

Oh! This is a big joke.i never venture to sit in front row1

gardabha_gana

Post by gardabha_gana »

hnbhagavan wrote: 28 Oct 2017, 16:40 It could be billed as the best concert of the Conference.
The concerts were:
Ranjani-Gayatri and team
T V Shankaranarayan
Vid D Balakrishna and Vamshidar
Dr. S sowmya
Vid R N Thyagarajan and Tharanathan
Vid Ramakrishnan Murthy
with two more to follow
I believe Sowmya couldn't make it and it was Kalavathy Avadhoot on that day.

Re:
hnbhagavan wrote: 28 Oct 2017, 16:40 It could be billed as the best concert of the Conference.
Eye of the beholder :). I am a fan of RKM's music - but I decided to go to Ashwin's concert the same evening - good vainikas are becoming extinct.
I attended RG (liked the concert in parts), Balakrishna/Vamsidhar (enjoyed it very much) and Rudrapatnam brothers (what a fine concert it was) and topped off with Ashwin's very nice satisfying concert (am a fan of his music.

I personally feel that Rudrapatnam brothers should have been awarded Sangeetha Kalarathna decades back.....Will post the details in a day or two

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

I liked the Bajji Samaja fare. Got hot bondas takeaway after the concert.
Surely the most consistent performer across generations at this venue.

gardabha_gana

Post by gardabha_gana »

Absolutely - I missed on the bajji's during RG and made sure I had it before the concert and also took it to go for the rest :). My mom, got a steel dabba to store and have during the concert :)

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

One of the major non-satisfying part in RaGa concerts is the accompaniments not being good enough.Generally if the supporting accompaniments are good,the concert is on sure shot to success.The Mridangam was barely audible- mind you this is not due to accoustics.The Violin was by passed many times during swara exchanges and some times in Neraval also.
Ramakrishnan Murthy had very good violin support from H K venkatram.The Violin was so soothing and melodious.
Rudrapatnam Bros- I agree with gardabha_gana was a wholesome treat and they lived up to their reputation.It is a fact that they should have been awarded the title long back.In fact i used to chat with office bearers about Rudrapatnam Bros not getting this title.In fact they were awarded sangeetha kala acharya last year by Music academy.