Sudha Ragunathan - Gayana Samaj, Bangalore

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
Madras-Talkies

Sudha Ragunathan - Gayana Samaj, Bangalore

Post by Madras-Talkies »

1. Vanajakshi- kalyani- ata tala Varnam
2. Rakasashivadana- Takka- Kalpana Swaram
3. Sogasuga- Sriranjani- Rupaka- Swaram at Mridangam talamu
4. Purvikalyani Ragam- Paraloka Sadhaname- Adi
5. Vidajaladura- Janaranjani- Adi
6. Nee Daya rada- Vasantabhairavi- Rupakam
7. Elaborate Bhairavi- Upacharamu- Adi- Kapata- couple of rounds of sarva laghu swaram Pavam
Last edited by Madras-Talkies on 29 Oct 2017, 20:10, edited 1 time in total.

Madras-Talkies

Re: Sudha Ragunathan - Ganayana Samaj

Post by Madras-Talkies »

Violin: Embar S Kannan
Mridangam: Paladam S Ravi
Morsing: R Raman

Madras-Talkies

Re: Sudha Ragunathan - Gayana Samaj, Bangalore

Post by Madras-Talkies »

8. Dhano dhanya- Bengali song
9. Ugaboga- Shivaranjani followed by Hubeke- Ragamalika - Shivaranjani, Maand and etc
10. Mangalam

Lifelovemusic

Post by Lifelovemusic »

Happy to give myself a promotion from a silent spectator to an active member in rasikas, with the review of a mesmerizing concert. :)

Madras talkies has posted song list and an incomplete one. What is written too doesn't do justice to yesterday's concert of Mrs.Sudha Ragunathan. She sang with abandon yesterday and left her listeners joyful. She did not sing swaras for the takka song. That was wrongly reported. Also "Paraloka saadhaname" had mesmerizing rounds of neraval and breezy swaras that fell like ripples on the ear. Upachaaramu was brilliant in every aspect. Raga alapana touched untouched heights. Neraval and swaras were rendered in good proportion. Swaras had 'kanakku' in her own inimitable way. They were not sarvalagu as reported by Madras Talkies. In fact the pakkavaadhyam artistes themselves said ' bale' for the precision in 2 rounds. Even as i stood there near the stage i heard so many rave about her bhairavi raga alapana.
Ugaboga was not in sivaranjani.
Sometimes I wonder why we pretend to know everything. I could not decipher which raga so I asked my neighbour who kept saying 'sabhash' every 5 minutes. He said vijayanaagari (and the artiste confirmed that when I met her after the concert). I thoroughly enjoyed the concert and hummed the bengali jonmobhoomi phrase all the way home and even woke up in the morning to its memory.

A power packed performance by the legendary artiste.

Madras-Talkies

Post by Madras-Talkies »

Sorry for the wrong information about Takka. It was unintentional. Never posed my self as a knowledgeable listener. That is why restricted myself to song list.

I entered the concert when she commenced rendering Sriranjani piece. And my neibhour next to me had the list and she mentioned that Kalpana Swaram was rendered for Takka. My bad, should have added the disclaimer note that I did not listen to first three renditions.

melam72

Post by melam72 »

The Takka krithi 'Raka Sashivadina' has a chittaswaram.

Was pleasantly surprised that she sung kalpana swarams in Takka. However, as expected, she stuck to the well-tread path. This type of dissappointment is common from Sudha Ragunathan.