Ramakrishnan Murthy @ Nada Inbam 12/12/2017

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
Rasika_first

Ramakrishnan Murthy @ Nada Inbam 12/12/2017

Post by Rasika_first »

I am yet to come out of the bliss of yesterday's concert. This young man is in a different league. His musical prowess seems to be getting better with every concert . Again lucky are those rasikas who got to attend yesterday's concert.

Ramakrishnan Murthy - Vocal
Shri Delhi Sunderrajan - Violin
Shri TK Murthy and Shri B Sivaraman - Mridangam
Shri N Guruprasad - Ghatam.

Raga Sudha hall in Luz, is one of my favorite venues in Chennai especially during season. Omit the bigger names, you get to listen to some pristine classical music sans gimmicks. Of course even during non December, we get to hear some really good concerts by youngsters.

There are days when you come back from concert and you don't want your memory to erase those musical moments. And yesterday was one of them. More than anything else I would like to do namaskaram to the nonagenarian. Unbelievable to see someone performing on stage at this age. Age is just a number when it comes to Vidwan TK Murthy, whose enthusiasm had to experienced. Here is the song list

1. Anname - Arabi - Adi - Tiger Varadachariar (Varnama)
2. Dasaratha Nandana - Asaaveri - Adi - Thyagaraja
3. Bhakthi Biccamiyyave - Shankarabharanam - Rupakam - Thyagaraja
4. Enraiku Siva Krupai - Mukhari - Adi - Neelakanta Sivan
5. Cetah Sri Balakrishnam -Dwijavanthi - Rupakam - Muthuswamy Dikshithar
6. Parama Pavana Rama - poorvikalyani - Adi - Poochi Srinivasa Iyengar
7. Viruttam Manada Mazhuvada - Nataraja Patthu
8. Kanamal Vinile Kalam - Neelambari - Jhampa - Mutthuthandavar
9. Nadi Thedi - Bageshri - Thirupugazh.

A concert that had all the elements in it. As he finished arabhi, the asaveri paved the way for what was a superb concert. If mukhari melted your heart, then dwinjavanthi transported me to a different world. Then came the magnum opus in Poorvi Kalyani. This is one of my favorites in this ragam and as they say, he literally left no stone unturned while rendering the ragam. Having a doyen like Shri TK Murthy and his guru Shri Sunderrajan on the stage would have motivated him. The neraval at kanakam baradhara was outstanding. I don't have the age or the experience to talk about Shri TK Murthy sir. But both the disciples on stage, Sivaraman and Guruprasad were very good. Post main pieces were emotive.

What a proud guru Delhi Sunderrajan must be. A sishya who has come up to this level on his hardwork. All in all RKM was blessed to have such senior artists on stage and he didn't let them down.

ram1999

Re: Ramakrishnan Murthy @ Nada Inbam 12/12/2017

Post by ram1999 »

A lovely song list, beautiful selection of songs and composers.
Review short and crisp to the point.
Definitely should have been an experience !
RKM's music is fabulous and has enough shades of KVN style. Infact the song selections also at times is a typical KVn fare.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

To have flexible fingers and mind and the energy to apply both to music and mridangam, at the age of 93[?]... T K Murthy is indeed a miracle, and he was the star of the concert for me. Understandably, he may not be able to play continuously for over two hours now, and B. Sivaraman provided perfect support.

The hall was packed out. My advice is to pick one's favourite rising stars and see as much of them as possible while it is still possible to do so in comfort! :lol:

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

My advice is to pick one's favourite rising stars and see as much of them as possible while it is still possible to do so in comfort! :lol:
Touché!

grsastrigal

Post by grsastrigal »

I have reviewed Brahma gana sabha concert in my blog, which is in Tamil

Iam trying to bring out English version, in this forum.

What a great artist ?

http://grsastrigal.blogspot.in/2017/12/