Vijay Siva -Thyaga Brahma Gana sabhA - 13-12-17

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
grsastrigal

Vijay Siva -Thyaga Brahma Gana sabhA - 13-12-17

Post by grsastrigal »

N.Vijay Siva
Charumathi RAguram-Violin
Anirudh Ahtreya-Ganjira
N C Baradwaj- Mridangam

Thyaga Brahma gaana sabha- 13-12-17

1) Nera nammidi-kAnada-Varnam

2) Vidulaku mrokkEda-Mayamalavagowla- (N) in “kamalA Gowri vAgeeshwari”- Thyagarajar

3) Danyasi raagam for 3 minutes followed by rAmAbhirAma manasu”-Thyagarajar (S) in the same line

4) Gambeera Nattari Ragam followed by jAlandaram Ashrayam-JC Wodaiyar
Neraval in the full anupallavi line- “
ShrI jAhnavIdharam shankaram
shrI vidyA svarUpam shashidharam”

5) Meeraana brOvamma-Manji-Shyaama sastri

6) Main-kalyaani followed by kamalAmbAm bhajarE- Deekshitar
(N) in kamalApura sadanAm …kamala vadanAm

7) Aru marundoru – Manickavaasagar-dEvaram

8) RTP-Manirangu- Pallai
மாவீரனை, வேலவனை, நீ நினை, மணிரங்கனை தொழும்
“Maaveeranai, vElavanai, nEE ninai, maNiranganai thozum”
with mohanam, bowli & Sivaranjani.

9) Sundari en swapanathil-kamAs-padham

10) vadivElum trisoolamum vrutham followed - apAra karunA- Sindubairavi

11) iyal isayil-Huseni-Tiruppugazh.

12) Mangalam

Vijay Siva was, yesterday, like Rohit Sharma - in great form with his Golden voice in full control. Started with “vidulaku”, seeking the blessings of all Gods to realize Them through the music, VS’ journey throughout the concert was wonderful,
-whether it is jAlandara, (chittaiswaram), or beautiful neraval in kalyAni or 15 minutes RTP in manirangu ….

Carefully chosen words for Manirangu pallavi very good. Ramakrishnan murthy entered the hall in between and sat throughout the concert.

Why is he singing “Sundari en swappanathil” (SES) more often in concerts ? Last year, he had been singing “pandarIchA” in almost all concerts. This year SES.

(Someone has to tell him if he is going to sing again “Sundari will never come (or stop coming) in swapnam (his !!))

Bharadwaj, young lad has recently promoted to (I think) playing for senior artists. Along with Double A- Ganjira, tani was really good

CR, as a violinist, is always superb. Yesterday, she came to my rescue twice, When VS started Gambheera nattai, I was confused with Nagaswaravali, for a while. CR started with jalandara notes to clarify.
Pallavi, Sivaranjani, I was bit confused. CR took “kuraiyonrumillai-swaram” and confirmed it is sivaranjani.

Not but not the least !!

In "Sundari en" song, when the word "mangala nAn en kazuthil” came, VS smiled at Anirudh Athreya and he reciprocated. The reason was, interesting…- AA recently got married !!!!

sankark

Re: Vijay Siva -Thyaga Brahma Gana sabhA - 13-12-17

Post by sankark »

Had to miss this out :( Looking forward to Sunday @ SKGS

Madras-Talkies

Post by Madras-Talkies »

It was a fantastic concert. Loved the RTP. :D Sri Vijaysivaya Namaste!!!!

HarishankarK

Post by HarishankarK »

Wow! Amazing
Like the lyrics of the Pallavi

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

grsastrigal wrote: 14 Dec 2017, 13:38 8) RTP-Manirangu- Pallai
மாவீரனை, வேலவனை, நீ நினை, மணிரங்கனை தொழும்
“Maaveeranai, vElavanai, nEE ninai, maNiranganai thozum”
with mohanam, bowli & Sivaranjani.

15 minutes RTP in manirangu ….
GRS
Are you saying it was 15 mins RTP with ragamaliga swaras?

grsastrigal

Post by grsastrigal »

rajeshji. He had taken 15-20 minutes for RTP . He made the pallavi rendering also short. The problem was, Tani started after the RTP. He started RTP at approx 8.25 something. Tani was at 8.45. He wound up the concert at 9.10.

Sometime I forget you while analysing a concert. You are time-perfect-analyser of the Concert. Iam like idhar-udhar type.
I will be more alert next time. Having said, I rememberd a joke of "danger of being approximate":

One american said - We will fly the plane inside the clouds and even above that. (from the ground level)
One Russia guy said- We will sail the ship on the seashore (or upon- apology for a wrong proposition)
when confronted-
American said- inside the clouds means not actually inside the cloud,,, just below that..
Russian said- Seashore means not actually seashore, just near that - on sea.

Now, it is the turn of our Sardhaarji .... what you think, he would have said... scroll down below:

We will eat through nose....!!!!???