Seetha Narayanan @Naada Inbam 30 th December

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
musi

Seetha Narayanan @Naada Inbam 30 th December

Post by musi »

Thanka to Parivadini this was webcast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTxhaAL_dfM

Violin Dr R.Hemalatha,
Mridangam Kallidaikurichi Sivakumar,
Kanjeera S.Sunil Kumar

1.Rare Karpoora Bharani Varnam Adi
2. Mahaganapatim naaTTai Muttuswaamee Dikshitar Chatushra Ekam
3. Atana Outline followed by "baagilanu teredu" by Sri Kanakadasar in Khanda Chapu
4. Behag Alapana followed by Smarajanaka Shubha charita by Maharaja Swathi Thirunaal in Misra Chapu with Neraval and Kalpana Swaram
5. Mukhari Outline kanDRu kuralaik kETTu Neelakantan Sivan in Misra Chapu
6. Kalyani Alapana followed by Etavunara Thayagaraja in Adi Tala with Neraval Kalpana Swaram and Thani
7. Anjana Sukumaram Shlokam followed by Mangala Moorthy in Madhuvanti
8. dila de bhikh darshan ki prabhu tera bhikhari hoon (Bhajan dont know the Ragam)
9. Theeradha Vilaiyattu Pillai - Bharathiyar
10. Mangalam

Her voice is so good even at this age (75+) and she doesnt need any vocal support.
Every note and phrase was soaked with Bhavam. The behag ragam though short was beautiful.
The choice of compositions was great and there was vareity in the choice of ragas, composers, speeds and talas.
Hemalatha was really good in her behag and Kalyani alapanas.
The post thani pieces brought tears to my eyes and is a must listen.
All in all- an evening to remember for years to come!

Bale Bale!

semmu86

Re: Seetha Narayanan @Naada Inbam 30 th December

Post by semmu86 »

What a great concert! PRistine music

musi

Post by musi »

Pasting a youtube comment
"When this unassuming vidushi is around rest assured we are in a for a treat. How often we get to listen to this lovely Atana kriti('drudda bhakti') with the pleasing khandachapu (where was the angitha mudra?)? Isn't this one of the sweetest Behag alapanas? Behag came so early, and I, a Behag-lover, love it. Surrender to perfection style! Ha ha ... Smt Hemalalatha was brilliant too. With mishrachapu Smarajanaka is the best choice. Late Sri TRSubramoniam during one US tour began the kutcheri with the same song. Charanam as neraval is such a new experience for me. Smt Seetha is always full of surprises. Pranams to her. She has that beautiful North Indian touch when she sings Behag and bhajans. She perfected her Hindi diction while she lived in the north India for years. This lovely Mukhari alapana will lead to ... ? Enraikku Sivakripai varumo? Elavatharame? Kshinamai? My first guess was the correct one. I love it. Mishrachapu thalom again! Neelakantasivan kriti! This Kalyani alapana will yield us what? Wait and see. Her Kalyani is too good to be true. It should never end. Nookala used to sing Kalyani beautifully. So did mahavidwan Musiri. MDR too owned it. I tell you our delightful senior Seetha vidushi is bringing all aspects to our hearts' content. Pranams to her. She is ending 2017 -- a sad one for me -- with a crescendo submerging all my sorrows. I salute Nada Imbam for featuring her as the year is almost over. They are good people. I love that seer-like tambura artiste for the perfect stage demeanor with occasional head shaking that does not distract those whose are fixed on the stage. Nidhichala sukhama? Ethavunara, a Thyagaraja gem, is her selection. Fantastic. The percussion pakkom is able; ganjira man is really good in filling in the gaps which is his only chance. Sri Sunilkumar has the perfect stage mannerisms as does the lefty mridangam
vidwan. Pranams to both. I thank Sri Sivakumar for yielding to ganjira man during Smt Seetha's singing segment. PMI used to do it all the time. Items 7 and 8 delightful Hinduthani bhajans she plucked from somewhere in N India. I have never heard her sing them before. She has countless bhajans stored in her memory. Theerada vilayattupillai is such a sweet end song. I wish her the happiest new year with the best of health to go on singing for us.

Narayanakurup Kanthikumar in Brooklyn/NY borrowing son's computer."

HarishankarK

Post by HarishankarK »

Bhajan is Mishra Mand

jayaram

Post by jayaram »

musi wrote: 31 Dec 2017, 09:52 1.Rare Karpoora Bharani Varnam Adi
The composer of this varnam is Seetha mami’s own guru Shri PK Rajagopala Iyer of Ambattur.

gardabha_gana

Post by gardabha_gana »

Really enjoyed the concert... Varnam, Behag, Atana and Mukhari...Haven't heard the varnam or the raga before. Thanks much to Maha Vidushi and Parivadini for the concert.. Yuge Namaskarams. (Where do I get the emoji for that?)