A S Murali Concert on Jan 19 at ARKAY

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
hnbhagavan

A S Murali Concert on Jan 19 at ARKAY

Post by hnbhagavan »

A very Pristine concert by Vidwan A S Murali
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wky7XXNMBYM

sankark

Re: A S Murali Concert on Jan 19 at ARKAY

Post by sankark »

One of the best s'bharaNam AlApanais I have heard. Preceded by a rarely heard MD kriti in vIravasantam

with Mullaivasal Chandramouli, B Sreesundarkumar (mridangam) & Anirudh Athreya (khanjira)

ram1999

Post by ram1999 »

Total Bliss. Each kriti presented with pristine beauty.

Clearly he is in the league of OST - A very pleasant sruti laden voice, a measured manodharmam with no gimmickry, no hair splitting, nerevals / swaras or sangathis.

As an aside - last week a lady sang nee dayarada in vasantha bhairavi (was that Jaya TV / Vijay TV). Started fairly well with the kriti and towards the end with the nereval and swara, the musician went ABSOLUTELY CRAZY with the speed, hair spliting swaras etc etc that my ears started to bleed :roll: :roll: I was wondering how Thayagaraja Swami would have reacted for this beautiful kriti to be handled this way :D :D

Sivaramakrishnan

Post by Sivaramakrishnan »

Last year, around this time Sri A S Murali, with Sri C R Vaidyanathan (another senior disciple of Guru P S Narayanaswami) gave an excellent concert at Sri Raamaanjaneya temple, Tambaram.

Known as 'Palghat brothers', this combination could not be heard since. Hope they would resume it.

ram1999

Post by ram1999 »

Sivaramakrishnan wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 06:19 Last year, around this time Sri A S Murali, with Sri C R Vaidyanathan (another senior disciple of Guru P S Narayanaswami) gave an excellent concert at Sri Raamaanjaneya temple, Tambaram.

Known as 'Palghat brothers', this combination could not be heard since. Hope they would resume it.
about 3 weeks ago, a lovely concert!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsgdNhHquaw

Sivaramakrishnan

Post by Sivaramakrishnan »

ram1999,
Thanks for the information and the link.

devan

Post by devan »

Future SK ready. Start music.

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

I liked his very dignified appearance and mannerisms.He is still waiting for full slot at Music Academy.Each time you hear the concert,it is a sublime experience.

ram1999

Post by ram1999 »

hnbhagavan wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 11:10 I liked his very dignified appearance and mannerisms.He is still waiting for full slot at Music Academy.Each time you hear the concert,it is a sublime experience.
SUBLIME - ABSOLUTELY!