Ramakrishnan Murthy at Bangalore Gayana Samaja for SRLKM

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
kvchellappa

Ramakrishnan Murthy at Bangalore Gayana Samaja for SRLKM

Post by kvchellappa »

Ramakrishnan Murthy
Charumathi Raghuraman
Manoj Siva
B S Purushothaman
1. Sarsija Kambodhi Varnam
2. Ramabhakthi samrajyame Suddha BangAla A,S for pallavi line
3. HiranmayIm LaskmIm Lalitha A, N for Gitavada vinodinIm Girija,
4. Parvathi ninne Kalkada
5. Evarikai avataramu Devamanohari A, S for pallavi

hnbhagavan

Re: Ramakrishnan Murthy at Bangalore Gayana Samaja for SRLKM

Post by hnbhagavan »

How was the concert?Looks to be a good set of accompaniments.Must be a truncated concert due to award function.

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Parvati Ninnu Ne Neranammiti - Kalgada

What a fantastic song!
Did RKM sing it the same way here?

PS: Please don't mind the announcement of the raga name on the radio as Calcutta.

PPS: The mridangam accompaniment is fabulous.

PPPS: there is a lovely video of this song sung by Dr TSS

kvchellappa

Post by kvchellappa »

The concert was good.
He sang it ditto, but my recollection is that he sang it a tad faster, tending to normal than TMK. He sang at a brisk pace unlike the recently acquired (serial osmosis?) TMK tinge. I am happy that he still does not consider himself as well established as TMK and sang varnam in the beginning. I am too conditioned and unaesthetic (not anaesthetic) that for me varnam at the beginning sets the mood securely for a concert.
Sanjay announced on Saturday and on Sunday 'Ramakrishanru banduru' with a gun team as HNB remarked.
RM tested Kambodhi initially as if to make sure it was still there (no link to my comment that Sanjay had exhausted it) before starting on the varnam at a brisk pace. It was chaste, and kaccheri udane kaLai kattitudutthu. One could sense SSI vestiges here and there.
The five pieces i heard did not feature any sampurna ragam.
The swarams for Suddhabangala were sweeter on the violin. The violinist chose to give the essence in her returns and was brief.
Lalitha was effusive and elegant. Lakhya-lakshana harmony must have been maintained, I think! The leisurely paced HiranmayIm filled the air richly.
Devamanohari, I identified as it was like Madhyamavathi, but was not. The song confirmed the raga.
It was a packed hall and Ranjani and Gayathri were in the front row, having received the award earlier.
I left not wishing to disturb the percussionists.

MaheshS

Post by MaheshS »

Sachi_R wrote: 12 Feb 2018, 11:47 PS: Please don't mind the announcement of the raga name on the radio as Calcutta.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

Shri Rama lalita Kala Mandira is a pioneer having promoted a large number of artists throughout the year.The management by Sri Krishna Prasad do offer generously to the artists especially in the Spring Music Festival.Generally Sri Krishna Prasad sticks to crowd pullers like Bombay Jayashree,RaGa sisters,Sanjay,Occasionally One Amritha murali slips in.
One of the other organizers felt it has become difficult to get the stars as the demand for fee is huge and unbearable.
Recall Sanjay could not be featured in Bangalore Gayana samaja music conference concerts.

Aditto

Post by Aditto »

Rest of the concert as sourced from RKM's site.

6) entha cheluvage - karnataka devagandhari - adi - purandaradasa
7) rtp - bilahari - adi ("paramananda || govinda mukunda") (ragamalika: tanam - shanmukhapriya, natakuranji, purvikalyani. svaram - hindolam, nilambari, surutti)
8) hari citta satya - jonpuri - mishra capu - purandaradasa
9) enraikku siva krupai - mukhari - mishra capu - nilakanta sivan
10) srngaram kshitinandindi (navarasa shloka - kapi, begada, anandabhairavi, sindubhairavi) + nadanda kalgal (pasuram) - sindubhairavi - adi (tishra) - tirumazhisai azhvar
11) ni nama rupamulaku - saurashtram - adi - tyagaraja + mangalam kosalendraya (shloka - madhyamavati)

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Sorry the T S Satyavathi video link I gave was wrong. The correct one is
https://youtu.be/v2lKeNnGVEs

arasi

Post by arasi »

Thanks Sachi. She is something special :)

ark07

Post by ark07 »

The complete concert has been uploaded to Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJh6bv3S_is

harimau

Post by harimau »

MaheshS wrote: 12 Feb 2018, 15:04
Sachi_R wrote: 12 Feb 2018, 11:47 PS: Please don't mind the announcement of the raga name on the radio as Calcutta.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you can have a song in Raga Dacca (Raka Sasi Vadana), we need to balance it with a song in Raga Calcutta! :lol:

Ranganayaki

Post by Ranganayaki »

Sachi_R wrote: 17 Feb 2018, 12:08 Sorry the T S Satyavathi video link I gave was wrong. The correct one is
https://youtu.be/v2lKeNnGVEs

I have only heard this song used as a fast filler and I can never wait for it to end. Listening to this, I did not even register that I was enjoying it so much till it ended! What an outstanding rendering!

Thank you for this!

Ranganayaki

Post by Ranganayaki »

Sachi_R wrote: 12 Feb 2018, 11:47
PS: Please don't mind the announcement of the raga name on the radio as Calcutta.
😀

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

harimau wrote: 03 Mar 2018, 22:52 If you can have a song in Raga Dacca (Raka Sasi Vadana), we need to balance it with a song in Raga Calcutta! :lol:
One should listen to the radio at least for these mouthwatering announcements, no? 😀