V. SubhaSrI @ Nadopsana, Parivadini, Sai Rakshit , NCB - Mar 18, 2018

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
shankarank

V. SubhaSrI @ Nadopsana, Parivadini, Sai Rakshit , NCB - Mar 18, 2018

Post by shankarank »

Happen to catch this as Parivadini prompted on my chrome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUqna2lPzuM

A noteworthy performance, by a mature sounding youngster with gravity filled song selections.

sAmi ni toDi tE - pantuvaraLi - vaRNam - it was blaring so I sort of skipped to next item.

kEdAragaula, veNugAna lOluni - this rAgam gets additional weight in rUpakam just like suruTTi in angArakam. A good rAga Alapana and a poised rendition of kriti. Neat svaraprastAra.

eppaDi manam tuNindatO - huseni - m. cApu

vandE sadA padmanAbham - navarasa kannaDa - Adi - svAti

SankarAbharaNam - she seems to be about to fly out but lands like a butterfly - a restrained one. Sowmya traces all over.

Akshaya linga vibho - kriti was a neat rendition and very restrained sangati enunciation - again giving the impression of flying out - same butterfly phenomenon - but no hurricanes or chaos.

akshara svarUPa - neraval - a very philosophical line - as opposed to a Srngara line in bhadari vana mUla. She excelled here. A bit of lack of confidence in slow paced svaras and a good recovery on fast paced when violinist didn't follow through for the start of Grand finale. Which I am noting for "reporting dharmam" sake - not about criticism.

She has a good Akaram even if she is like her Guru on lower reaches.

NCB's accompaniment was very enhancing. He is one alert and deftly artist, he reminds me of UKS in that aspect as he tries to intervene - though his training it seems is from KRM school.

vijay.siddharth

Re: V. SubhaSrI @ Nadopsana, Parivadini, Sai Rakshit , NCB - Mar 18, 2018

Post by vijay.siddharth »

@Shankarank- he is a disciple of UKS.

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Heard this concert on my phone with headphones as I flitted about the city on metro etc.
I simply loved this concert.
I had written about her performance earlier too :)

There is a notable improvement in her vocal delivery and stamina. 👏👏👏

शुभश्रीः is a double blessing. Auspiciousness and prosperity. As the commentators emphasise, Sri denotes not just prosperity but also grace and beauty.

V. Subashri (that's how she spells it?) is triply blessed.

1.She has acquired from her guru/s a solid understanding of Carnatic music. No butterfly but a bird that yearns for the moon =Chakora and the bird that waits for the pearl drop of Swati rain= Chatak.

2.Her poise in musical delivery and maturity in musical choices bespeak great potential.
We are listening to a great vidushi in the making.

3. No facial contortions and head and hand waving confer a pleasantness.

She has to deal with pronunciation. Bha and ba. She replaced the former with the latter some 25 times and then I stopped counting.

In this respect she has to work hard and get lucky to transcend the top lady musicians of the day. They are hardly role models for Samskrita pronunciation.

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

what a wonderful concert!
https://youtu.be/XKm3tqMquiI

A lovely Paras. A beautiful Kalyani unfolding. The lady has a lot of stamina and many vocal tricks up her sleeve!

Even the pronunciation is good: bhujagadhipashayana bhumijaramana....

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Another great performance by V. Subashri:
https://youtu.be/KFyUb2SsgO0