Aishwarya Vidhya Raghunath- US Tour under CMANA - NJ Concert

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
rapper

Aishwarya Vidhya Raghunath- US Tour under CMANA - NJ Concert

Post by rapper »

AISWARYA Vidya RAGHUNATH gave a very nice concert today, and if you missed it, you did indeed miss a memorable concert. As CMANA's roster of artists who toured the US the first time under its banner will show, when it comes to identifying talent that will turn to superstardom, CMANA's founder Dr. Rajagopalan is better than the best of prospectors, and it is no wonder he recommended Aishwarya so highly to CMANA for a tour under its banner. She has a very pleasing and well trained voice with excellent briga and bhava that is able to traverse the three octaves with enormous ease so much so that every piece was rendered in a soulful manner. Starting with a varnam in Sahana (she followed it up later with an excellent RTP in the same raga later in the concert), the concert maintained its tempo all through. Some pieces like "Kadaikkan vaithennai aalamma", "koluvaamarekata" all stood up to the caliber of the masters of yester-years. Classicism oozed all through. There can be no doubt that Aiswarya will in time reign as a superstar of the Carnatic stage. Accompanying her were Trivandrum Sampath (violin) and Delhi Sai (mrdangam) both of whom played equally well enriching each piece with their accompaniment.

If, as announced by CMANA, there were to be a farewell concert in New Jersey of this team at the end of the tour, I would suggest to all my friends not to miss it. I look forward to attending at least a couple of her concerts in India in the upcoming season.

At a personal level, I am pleased that CMANA is continuing its tradition of introducing new and deserving talent to the USA. Please support the organization by enrolling as members and if you are already a member by purchasing its 'Musicard' providing this public organization a dependable revenue stream to continue its service to the community and to the art. (The 'Musicard' is still very cheap compared to the annual memberships of many other organizations I am familiar with and is really a bargain.)

Excerpts from CMANA FB Post by Dr V Ramaswami- Hony Patron and Past President

rapper

Re: Aishwarya Vidhya Raghunath- US Tour under CMANA - NJ Concert

Post by rapper »

Next few weeks schedule

March 25th Sunday SIFA, SFO www.southindiafinearts.org
Check Website for venue and Time Information

April 1st Sunday Boston – www.learnquest.org

April 4th Wednesday Cleveland Aradhana ( check date) www.aradhana.org
Auditorium at the Cleveland State University