Chitraveena Ravikiran @ Ram Seva Mandali, Bangalore

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
Sivaramakrishnan

Chitraveena Ravikiran @ Ram Seva Mandali, Bangalore

Post by Sivaramakrishnan »

Got to know from a friend at Bangalore about Ravikiran's grand concert at Ram Seva Mandali on 23.04.2018 where he rendered all kritis of Tyagaraja pancharatna with valuable information pertaining to them. It has been a great experience to all - the occasion being Tyagaraja Jayanti.

A Purandaradasar kriti in Shanmukhapriya was also superb- it is reported.

I am sure forumites of Bangalore who attended the event would post detailed reviews for the benefit all.

Sachi_R

Re: Chitraveena Ravikiran @ Ram Seva Mandali, Bangalore

Post by Sachi_R »

Sri Bhagavan may like to update us!
I didn't go 🙃

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

Yes.It was a special concert where Maestro Ravikiran rendered all the Thyagaraja Panchrathna Kritis. In the 70-90 Period almost every Carnatic Music Concert would feature one Panchrathna Kriti. Each one of the kriti was introduced by Ravikiran before starting the Kriti. Superb accompaniment was provided by Lalgudi Vijayalakshmi on Violin and ample chances were provided by Ravikiran.
In Shanmukapriya it was Annamacharya's composition Parama Purusha popularised by the legend MSS.
He explained the mood of Thyagaraja as one of Ecstasy in Sadinchine (Aarabi) as Krishna is a more playful personality compared to Sri Rama.
sachi_R
I saw you in some of the concerts.But i had a small doubt and hence did not meet you Sir.
Due to Bangalore logistics problem had to leave after Varali Kriti KanakanaRuchi.

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

ಭಗವಾನ್ sir,
I did not attend any SRSM concerts.
I attended TMK at Vani.
And one at Seshadripuram.

Thank you for your update on CNRK!

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

Yes sir.These days i found it difficult to return from FORT HS where concerts start at 7:00 PM practically.
It is true at Vani as well where i attended a couple of concerts-Sumitra Vasudev and A Kanyakumari.
Even a start by main performer at 06:00 PM would help.