Madhuradhwani - Sugantha Kalamegam Vocal - 30th May 2018

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
MaheshS

Post by MaheshS »

Sugantha Kalamegam - Vocal
R K Shriramkumar - Violin
K Arun Prakash - Mridangam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFHKjINhSiA

Kanakangi - Thodi Varnam
Swaminatha Paripalayasumam [S] - Nattai - MD
Nadadina Mata - Janaranjani [AS] - T
Balakrishnan Pada Malar - Dhanyasi [A,N@nIla muhil pOl azhagan] - PS
Aparama Bhakthi - Panthuvarali [A,NS@kapi vAridhi dATunA kaliki rOTa kaTTunA] - T
Sharavathi Tatavasini - Sharavathi - MD
Sri Ramam - Narayanagowla - MD
Chakkani Raja - Karaharapriya [A,NS@Kantiki Sundara ...]
Thani
Petra Thai - Virutham - Behag
Irakkam Varamal - Behag - GKB
Karunai Deivame - Sindhu Bhairavi - Madurai Srinivasan
Mangalam

nsridhar22

Re: Madhuradhwani - Sugantha Kalamegam Vocal - 30th May 2018

Post by nsridhar22 »

Review on Facebook by Ramaswamy Narayanan

Sugandha Kalamegam has a gift which I love in musicians,the gift of keeping things simple,effortless.
Being a "natural" she sings without a trace of affectation. That encourages the listener to join her in enjoying her music.All the rest is purely by the way. Virtuosity is not lacking,but she makes it play second fiddle to spontaneity all the way.
Good old Narayanagowla? Dikshithar's Sri Ramam Ravi kulaapthi somam? Here you go! No hemming and hawing,not even humming to touch base with the delicate raga,the perfect eduppu first crack out of the box and Sugandha rolled on and on in perfect kalapramanam, the anupallavi and the lovely long charanam lines effortlessly bhava-laden,even lingering over the demanding final charanam lines...no hurry,folks!
Earlier,the Saint's appa! rAmabhakti yentO was powerfully cadenced but without drama,The niraval at the customary lines was another high point,every vinyasam,every syllable soaked in glowing Pantuvarali.
And,later,the main suite was in Karaharapriya. Sugandha developed the raga by phrase by short phrase. If a sangathi or two didn't sound to her liking,she wud go back and coax it right...no template singing,thank u!...chakkani rAja mArgamu lunDaga also bore the stamp of freshness and manodarma,even the 25 or so embedded sangathis at the opening! Again,a melody soaked niraval at kanTiki sundaramagu..
RK Shriramkumar's play for this niraval was outstanding and brought moisture to my eyes,so clearly was his violin articulating the words.
Arunprakash Krishnan,too,enhanced the quality of the concert with his trademark mrudangam of sabdam and nisabdam in alternation,often in mantrastAyi.
I will be brief today,as I was unlucky to miss the first hour of Sugantha's concert. Next time,I will listen to her in full,and my usual 700 words wud surely follow!

https://www.facebook.com/ramaswamy.nara ... 1089721065