Sri TVS - Sydney Music festival - June 11

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
HarishankarK

Sri TVS - Sydney Music festival - June 11

Post by HarishankarK »

Sri T V Sankaranarayanan - vocal
Violin - Mysore Nagaraj
Mridangam - K N Prasad
start time a little before 7pm end time - must have been 10pm - I left at 9:30 ish when he started RTP pallavi line - surely eppo varuvaaro and note would have been there - so 10pm or even later he must have sung
concert was very predictable - in his appearance he has become little frail but his voice and music is just on the top same as ever - which is like totally amazing !!

Sudaroliye Potri - vrittam - Nattai
Jaya Jaya Swamin - Nattai - Narayana Teerthar - swaras
Darbar short alap - Neeve Nannu Brovu - on Meenakshi - Walajpet Venkaratarmana??
Latahngi alap - detailed alap - Venkataramana - PS- Neraval Swara @ alarmel mangai manala - very long and detailed - mostly nice but also bit boring and tiresome
Kamboji main - loooooong alap - Kana kann kodi vendum -PS-Neraval swarams @ Maanikkam vairam - very detailed and after a time got a bit tiresome - I was hoping against my intelligence he might sing a different song like Ratna Kanchuka Dharini or something but alas - it was so predictable
Sarasamukhi-gaudamallar-hmb
Shanmukhapriya RTP - long alap and tanam - I left just when he started the pallavi - It was on Murugan I think

His voice and music belies his age - he was in top form - only I didn't like the songs he selected

rajeshnat

Re: Sri TVS - Sydney Music festival - June 11

Post by rajeshnat »

Mrudangam is K V Prasad. Thank you for your review HarishankarK. Glad to hear TVS singing with gusto. Was he accompanied by his son.

HarishankarK

Re: Sri TVS - Sydney Music festival - June 11

Post by HarishankarK »

rajeshnat wrote: 12 Jun 2018, 09:16 Mrudangam is K V Prasad. Thank you for your review HarishankarK. Glad to hear TVS singing with gusto. Was he accompanied by his son.
No he wasn't - I expected it too - but obviously it was not needed as he sang like someone younger than his son