Sid Sriram, Madhuradhwani, 10/Aug/2018

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
sankark

Sid Sriram, Madhuradhwani, 10/Aug/2018

Post by sankark »

with SVaradarajan, KVPrasad & GhatamKarthick. A veteran ensemble for an up-n-comer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O11pPjDURpQ

thOdi sketch, vakrathunda mahAkAya and erA nApai s@charanam (mAnAda mazhuvAda kku equala sidAda sid siram/sikaiAda it is an aural visual treat :) )
rItigowLai sketch in a capsule followed by bAlE bAlEndu bhUshani (bAla? phAla lochani) s@pallavi just couple of rounds instead of draaaaging it out
shubhapantuvarALi

sankark

Re: Sid Sriram, Madhuradhwani, 10/Aug/2018

Post by sankark »

ennAlu UragE ns@konnAlu sAkEthapuramella the swarams in mElkAlam were stupendous
AbhEri sketch nagumOmu ganalEni

A fan there for Sid:
Spurthy Reddy​sid is everything ❤️

sankark

Post by sankark »

sarasa sAma dhAna
kAmbhOji O rangasAyee n@customary bhUlOka vaikutam idhiyani

kvchellappa

Post by kvchellappa »

It was a great concert with no dilution of classicism in spite of his intense involvement in other forms of music.

sankark

Post by sankark »

swarams and tani
kApi sketch poonkuyil kUvum pUnchOlaiyil
enna kavi pAdinAlum
behAg Adum chidambaramO
thiruppugazh in khp

:claps:

CRama

Post by CRama »

I attended this concert. When I reached the venue at 6.15, the hall was over flowing with people. There was one seat behind a pillar which I occupied and I could see only the LCD TV. There were many youngsters in the audience- many of them music students- as I could see from their talams. I wonder why these people do not come to enjoy a good music from a young musician like Bharat Sunder or Ashwath Narayanan. The reason is obvious- Media hype.

The concert was very good. In fact, I attended his last year season concert and put my review in the consolidated review posted in the forum. That may be the first review of this singer in this forum.

When I heard last year and in some other reviews also I observed people remarking that his voice is capable of going to any level of tarasthayi but not comfortable in mandra sthayi. IN the present concert, I observed that he showed that he is equally comfortable in the mandra sthayi also. In the alapanas of the three ragams, there were enough sancharams in the mandra sthayi and the songs Bale Balendu bhooshani, Ennalu and O Rangasayi start in the mandra sthayi. He rendered all the songs very well with the authentic sangatis and kalapramanam.. Subhapanthuvarali- I heard him in some other concert also and it was well presented with the characteristic pathos coming out in the right proportion and appropriate manodharma elements.

In the alapana of Kambodi, however, there were slips in two three places while negotiating the fast brighas. The neraval and swaras all were rich in manodharmam and bhavam. While finishing the O Rangasayi he had taken Rangasayi from the Parkadal to the Sky- Resting the pallavi at the Mel sthayi do not go well with the structure and mood of the composition.

The accompanists – all of them quite senior- embellished the concert very well. They very much enjoyed the concert. The alpanas of Subhapanthuvarali and Kambodi by S. Varadarajan showed his rich experience and imagination and brought loud appreciation from the rasikas. The tani by K.V. Prasad and Karthik were much enjoyable although it was a bit lengthy- took 20 minutes.

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

I think his approach is a hurried approach and i could not enjoy the break neck speed.I personally feel Amrita Murali,Ahwathnarayan ,Bharath Sundar provide a rich bhava laden CM experience.
Sid has all the ingredients of good music,but i feel speed breakers to be applied both in Alapana and Kriti rendering.Most of the concert was enjoyable due to excellent support by senior Vidwans.

sranjani

Post by sranjani »

I absolutely agree with you
I have not heard him in person but watched a couple of you tube videos . My first impression is that tgere is no " sowkkhyam"in the renditions
The alapanas are at a break neck speed as if he wants to do it all and even the dictions of tge sahityam are not clear
Amritha murali is a excellent sknger whose renditions are bhava laden as well as the manodharmam which is very good
Media hype is certainly a factor especially singing film songs which brings the kind of crowd