S.AISWARYA FOR 102nd BIRTHDAY CELEBERATIONS OF MS SUBBALAKSHMI-16/9/18

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
rajeshnat

Re: S.AISWARYA FOR 102nd BIRTHDAY CELEBERATIONS OF MS SUBBALAKSHMI-16/9/18

Post by rajeshnat »

what is stated in the wikipedia wrote: S.Aishwarya gave her first public concert on September 16, 2007 on the occasion of the 91st Birth Anniversary of her Great Grandmother Bharat Ratna M.S.Subbulakshmi, where she gave vocal accompaniment to her Grandmother Smt.Radha Viswanathan
Cienu,
Around that time I , RShankar, I and coolkarni did come and attend a music academy concert where Surjit Singh Barnala presided , is that the same first public concert.If not do you recollect the rough date when barnala presided . On that day there was also the book release of Gowri ramnarayan . That day I met for the first time my bhAi rshankar.

I think the question was more to do with after the demise of your ammA i think the poster wants to know from whom aishwarya is learning . On a side note , is she now even learning from vidushi jambu kannan, the blog is saying has been learning from vidushi jambu kannan. I am pretty sure saundarya is as of now learning from aishwarya :lol: .

cienu

Post by cienu »

gardabha_gana wrote: 21 Sep 2018, 11:45 Is there a recording available on YouTube or alike? Would like to listen to the swarajati particularly.
Dear Srikanth
Kindly find the link below
https://youtu.be/5skOslv6GYg
54.00 to 1.07.35 is the Yadukula Kambhodi Swarajathi.
Please use headphones as the volume pick up is below par.

cienu

Post by cienu »

rajeshnat wrote: 21 Sep 2018, 13:49
what is stated in the wikipedia wrote: Cienu,
Around that time I , RShankar, I and coolkarni did come and attend a music academy concert where Surjit Singh Barnala presided , is that the same first public concert.If not do you recollect the rough date when barnala presided . On that day there was also the book release of Gowri ramnarayan . That day I met for the first time my bhAi rshankar.
Sep 16th 2007 was the first public concert. You had enquired about this on - MS - Vidwans and Vidushis page link below. (Post no 116) Member Navaneet had done a mini review of the concert in Post 117 and 118.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=202&start=100

The concert you are referring above took place a year later. Dec 13th 2008 wherein Shri Surjit Singh Barnala inaugurated and you, Ravishankar, Coolji and Arasi had come.You have commented on # 19

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7539&hilit=SURJIT+SINGH+BARNALA

It was in this concert that "gAnak kuyil" composed by Arasi was sung for the 1st time. (Link below)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nAFlzs5xXm4

cienu

Post by cienu »

rajeshnat wrote: 21 Sep 2018, 13:49
what is stated in the wikipedia wrote: Cienu,
On a side note , is she now even learning from vidushi jambu kannan, the blog is saying has been learning from vidushi jambu kannan. I am pretty sure saundarya is as of now learning from aishwarya :lol: .
Aishwarya continues to learn from Smt Jambu Kannan even today since 2002. Saundarya learns from Vidushi Smt Neela Ramgopal.

However all compositions pertaining to the MSS legacy, Saundarya learns from Aishwarya