VIGNESH EASWAR IN KGS- 26/9/18

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
CRama

VIGNESH EASWAR IN KGS- 26/9/18

Post by CRama »

Accompanists.
R.Raghul- Mridangam
K.V.Prasad- Mridangam
Alathur Rajaganesh- Ganjira.
List of songs.
• Sree Mahaganapathim bhajeham- Athana- Mysore Maharaja. (S)
• Deva deva kalayami the- Mayamalavagowla- ST (N,S)
• Badalika theera- Ritigowla- T (R)
• Bhogeendrasayinam- Kunthalavarali – ST
• Nidhi chala sukhama- Kalyani- T (R,N,S)
• Thani
• RTP- Khamas- Khanda Triputa
• Pallavi- Varada Vara Venkatavaasa
Viswaathmaka maasa hite
• RM- Abheri, Dwijavanthi, Hameerkalyani
• Vasudeva sutham- slokam- Maund
• Baro Krishnayya- PD- Ragamalika

That was a fine concert- well balanced, highly energetic concert by the young vidwan who is the disciple of T.M.Krishna. His singing is lively, has verve and abundant manodharmam, but eschews the negative aspects found in his Guru. Pray he continue like this. His voice is his great asset- resembles TMK and his music reflects his hard work and devotion. I have heard him a few times earlier and he is maturing day by day.

For Devadeva kalayami te, the neraval at the time tested lines Jatharupa nibha chela had vidwat and aesthetics riding high and had very interesting mandra sthayi passages as well and the sarva laghu swaras were sumptuous. The alapana of Ritigowla was very elaborate- not very usually heard in concerts. Badalika is a good choice and it was rendered in a slightly lower kalapramanam. Raga Kalyani also was delineated with the characteristic pidis shining. For Nidhi chala sukhama, neraval at Mamata bandhanayuta and the torrential swaras reflected his vidwat and manodharmam.

The RTP came as a surprise. The raga alapana had clarity- no confusion with Harikambodi and the tanam had very nice patterns in it. The name of the ragam is coined in the words of the pallavi. Neraval, swaram, ragamalika swaram, trikalam all had its place and the RTP took 30 minutes.

R.Raghul on the violin supported well. His alapanas and returns had M C flavor all over it and it was a proof of his hard work, dedication and sadhana. His tanam was very interesting. K.V. Prasad with his long experience stood like a rock support and embellished the concert significantly. The tani with Alathur Rajaganesh received repeated cheers from the discerning audience.

An excellent concert for two hours and twenty minutes.

rajeshnat

Re: VIGNESH EASWAR IN KGS- 26/9/18

Post by rajeshnat »

CRama wrote: 27 Sep 2018, 16:10 • RTP- Khamas- Khanda Triputa
• Pallavi- Varada Vara Venkatavaasa
Viswaathmaka maasa hite

The RTP came as a surprise. The raga alapana had clarity- no confusion with Harikambodi and the tanam had very nice patterns in it. The name of the ragam is coined in the words of the pallavi. Neraval, swaram, ragamalika swaram, trikalam all had its place and the RTP took 30 minutes.

An excellent concert for two hours and twenty minutes.
Crama
Thank you for the review . i wished i had a chance to hear this concert ,when i came to skgs no RTP for me but you had. I am assuming the pallavi could be from RKSK or may be he himself coined it. I am also assuming the tani was quite quick for vignesh to include RTP. Vignesh has great verve.Mumbai has and is producing great musicians.

CRama

Re: VIGNESH EASWAR IN KGS- 26/9/18

Post by CRama »

Yes. The pallavi was coined by RKSK.
The tani was for 10 minutes. Vignesh started the RTP at 8.13 and finished at 8.43. A well planned concert. The slot is upto 8.45. A few musicians extended beyond 9 and many restricted upto 8.30.