2018 Nov 18 JBShruthiSagar AditiKrishnaprakash PoongulamSubramaniam LataRamachAr @ RLKM

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
badari

2018 Nov 18 JBShruthiSagar AditiKrishnaprakash PoongulamSubramaniam LataRamachAr @ RLKM

Post by badari »

Flute: Vid. JBShruthiSagar
Violin: Vid. AditiKrishnaprakash
Mridanga: Vid. PoongulamSubramaniam
Khanjari: Vid. LataRamachAr

Organiser : Sri Rama Lalita Kala Mandira

01 sAmi ninnE kOri VarNa shri Adi garbhapurivAsa O)
02 Sri mahAgaNapathiravatumAm gaULa misra cApu m.dIkshitar (A,S)
03 kumaran tAL paNindE tudi yadukulakAmbOdhi Papanasam Sivan (O)
04 bhajana sEyarAdhA dharmavathi mysore vAsudEvAchAr (A, N, S, T)
05 brOva bhAramA raghurAmA bahudAri Adi tyAgarAja (O)
06 jambUpatE mAm pAhi nijAnandAmrta yamunAkalyANi m.dIkshitar (O)
07 paripUrNa chandravarNi.. pUrNachandrika.. tanjOre shankara iyer (O)
08 rAga tAna pallavi kharaharapriyA khaNDa triputa 2 beats after samam
09 manasija in bEhAg swAti thirunAL (O)
10 kanaka shaila vihAriNi punnAgavarALi Adi shyAmA shAsthry (O)
11 chinnanchirukiliyE rAgamAlika mahAkavi bhArathiyAr (O - KApi)
12 nI nAma rUpamulaku mangaLa sourAshtra Adi tyAgarAja

More details and video clip at
https://arohanaavarohana.blogspot.com/2 ... sagar.html

Sachi_R

Re: 2018 Nov 18 JBShruthiSagar AditiKrishnaprakash PoongulamSubramaniam LataRamachAr @ RLKM

Post by Sachi_R »

Thanks, Badari!

#JBSruthisagar comes across to me as a highly passionate musician in a world of his own. He seems a very pious sort, and almost never makes eye contact with the audience. He took us today on a rare kind of journey with a bravura Dharmavati after an extremely evocative YK.

JBSS plays the entire concert, a full 3 octaves, on just a single flute. He is a minimalist that way but the music lacks nothing.

There was one passage of interminable length and indescribably high virtuosity in the Dharmavati alapana. Similar moments were experienced in the Kharaharapriya pallavi niraval.

I found the Punnagavarali rendition so haunting it took me back many decades when I heard the song for the first time. The composer has packed the song with a rare esoteric mood.

Sri Rama Lalitha Kala Mandira deserves rich encomiums for marching on regardless in the mission to give us good music. They have several programmes lined up shortly before the Jan and Feb annual extravaganza.
Details can be found I think here:
http://www.srlkmandira.org/

rajeshnat

Re: 2018 Nov 18 JBShruthiSagar AditiKrishnaprakash PoongulamSubramaniam LataRamachAr @ RLKM

Post by rajeshnat »

Badari
Very nice. IMHO this vidwan ShruthiSagar is a brilliant flute artist. Quite a lot of time he has been pairing with his sister JB Keerthana and also sometimes some combos with other instrumentalist. I am glad he was given time to perform a great concert . Usually flute vidwans generally race towards a shankarabharanam or madhyamavati or kambodhi as main.It is quite rare to get an RTP in Kharaharapriya , you got it, that is great. It would be nice even if you wrote subjective review of the concert and not just state only the songlist.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Bengaluru is swinging--to keep pace with the Chennai season.

Badari,
Hope you are going to be bringing more of your concert experiences to us .

Sachi,
Yes, Rama Lalitha Kala Mandira and the other sabhas should certainly be appreciated for their unflagging service in nurturing CM with their consistent efforts. Bengaluru Sankar is singing this weekend. Hope someone writes about it.

badari

Post by badari »

Was seated next to Sachi during the concert. We did have similar experience and at the end of the concert decided to share the review responsibility.

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

I don't know how many of you know this. Badari is an exemplary rasika, braving rain and sun, (and a busy job), to be always there. He also takes wonderful photos.

These youngsters are role models for oldies like me.