Ramakrishnan Murthy at Naada Inbam, 8/1/2019

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
SrinathK

Ramakrishnan Murthy at Naada Inbam, 8/1/2019

Post by SrinathK »

Venue : Raga Sudha Hall Luz

Vocal : Ramakrishnan Murthy
Violin : Charumathi Raghuraman
Mridangam : Trichy Sankaran
Ghatam : Chandrashekara Sharma

Can't give a complete review as I just had enough time for a late peep. I leave those honors to others.

Raga Sudha Hall has had the equivalent of 2 music seasons back to back literally and today there was no space even for a mustard seed left, even on the stage, the steps to the stage, the green room, between the seats, at the back, sides, or even on the corridor outside the hall. Still defying all laws of physics I squeezed in somehow where others gave up.

But what better way to complete a music season than this. Sri subramaNyAya namaste was the main with elaboration at vAsavAdi sakala, with a masterclass of a tani by Trichy Sankaran sir with a mohra and kOrvai in tisra naDai, matched by Chandrashekara Sharma's fireworks.

poonkuyil koovum in kApi was movingly rendered.

anDri ivvulagum (what the? marghazi is already almost over!??) followed a superb AlApana of sindhubhairavi by both RKM and Charumathi (who played some wondrous phrases in her reply).

A brisk tillAna in pUrnachandrika followed by the mangaLam brought a superb concert to a close.

And with that I must now wait for next year. Who knows where I'll be and how things might change. But I am not going to ever forget this season, despite many time and work constraints stopping me from attending all the concerts I wanted. If I had to go for good tomorrow, I will go without regret.

[Ok : Got a bit sentimental, but hey, I've been separated from Madras and mArghazi for over 7 years. And while I've been sabha hopping since 2003 when I just found out what a varnam and a kriti was for the first time in my life, never have I ever enjoyed a season at this intensity]
Last edited by SrinathK on 09 Jan 2019, 09:36, edited 5 times in total.

rbharath

Re: Ramakrishnan Murthy at Naada Inbam, 8/1/2019

Post by rbharath »

you dont have to go anywhere srinath. dont regret at all.

grsastrigal

Re: Ramakrishnan Murthy at Naada Inbam, 8/1/2019

Post by grsastrigal »

VarNam- Shankarabaranam- swAmi ninnE
rAga ratna- Ritigowla- (N)(S)- bAgavatodtamulu
aSAveri-rAgam- pAlaya mAdava- ST
manasulOni-Hindolam-T
kAmbOdhi- Sri Subramanyaya- N in vAsavAdi- with speed change,
Tani
Poonguil koovum- kalki- kApi
Anri ivvulagam-Tiruppavai- sindubairavi
pUrnachandrika-Tillana