DemoCrazy - Drama @Mudhra on Jan 14th,2019

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

------------------------------------------------------
Drama : DemoCrazy
Written and Directed : Arun Kumar
Dedicated To : Late Gnani Sankaran.

Cast : Atleast 10 to 15 dont recollect their names - million apologies, the main hero was the director Arun Kumar
Special Shout Out : Nalli Chettiar , Radha and Mudhra Bhaskar
Sabha :Mudhra as part of their 3 day Pongal Nadaga vizha
Concert Type : it does not matter nirvana or non nirvana no sabha secy will dare to close without the climax. Any case it was open ended evening slot
Drama Type : Free for rasikas

Dramas in chennai are still held and is usually moved towards the pongal time . I personally thought let me atleast hear one of that as when i was a teenager i had the taste of few dramas which were primarily screened in Nungambakkam chennai academy. This drama series was completely dedicated to Late Gnani Sankaran. I did not know anything about Gnani till he passed away but certainly that person gnani has considerably dedicated his life to writing and drama. This drama was written and directed and mainly acted by Arun Kumar , i am assuming Late Gnani had no role to play in this.

This drama had about a dozen plus characters . There was no set , the only visual aspect that was there was when the Hero the politician had two telephones , thats it . Also there was no make up at all for any one to the best of my knowledge. If carnatic music neeeds only raga bhavam and taala layam , the drama only needs script and possibly right sequence. Sequence is bit tricky to handle but the script is far more tricky to make it intense , it is just not the choice of words , but also to use more intensely modulation to convey a certain sustained interest that should not sag. This drama was done by Arun Kumar and team and I certainly did not know any of the cast . Few months back there was one terrific drama by name theedum nandrum where that director Sriraman also played a side role here but as such for me every one in the cast other than sriraman was new.

This drama was quite unique here , there are characters whose names are not spelt at all . No one ever calls any one by name but still each of the roles are so deeply represented that atleast I felt why the hell should there be even names to any of the roles in dramas .

There is a main track where Arun Kumar plays the role of a politician and a chief minister , he is part of ruling party and he is planning for the next election . He has a Chief Secretary and he also had a lady minister . This clever and cunning politician just makes all the right moves to again win the election.

There is a secondary track where two young friends are shown, one of the friend loses his ageing father who goes thru a corrupt doctor in a government hospital ,there is no quality treatment given and hence the ageing father dies . The son tries to show his youth blood and tries to question the CM and he even prays and gets his father back to campaign and contest in the next elections .

There is also a third tertiary track where there is another opposition leader also tries to join and defeat the present CM . The tertiary track also has a filmstar who tries to work with the primary track CM then with the opposition leader to save his school which is to be demolished by state highway to build a roadway.

The script was tight and lot of knots were put with CM Arun kumar completely dominating the outcome of elections by sequencing all the moves . He knows where to use social media, Media interviews and easily CM ArunKumar again wins the election.

There is message that is thrown here and there where the politician succeeds in corruption because people only wants that corruption to happen .The cause is people and the effect is only the politician .Some politician satire dialogs are thrown in to compare about few contemporary politicians , few contemporary filmstars etc are also slammed a bit as this is a political satire but in all this there is tightness of script. The cast is at ease and the only sequence which was not deep enough for me was when the ageing father who dies comes back alive to fight election. There the script was too loose .

Personally this is the first drama where i am seeing where none of the characters had names and that alone prompted me to write .Their roles was just described during the course of the dialog, that showed the creativity and depth of core script. Period.

While CM strives from Past GNB to Present Abhishek Raghuram, dramas do have enough thought process and creativity , but it finds less takers .The TV and lack of marketing might is big time killing dramas and there is absolutely near zero next gen patronage. Thanks to Bhaskars - Mudhra and Radha for again showcasing drama with Nalli chettiar support .

Overall a very good to excellent drama for non stop 90 to 100 minutes.

thanjavooran

Re: DemoCrazy - Drama @Mudhra on Jan 14th,2019

Post by thanjavooran »

Rajeshnat,
Excellent writeup. A review on Drama in the concert review section. Wonderful. Enjoyed every line of your thoughts.
Simply I compare this with Sampoorna Ramayanam and Krishna Leela of Nawab in my child hood days.
Thanks for the meticulous review. Pongal Greetings.
With wishes,
Thanjavooran
15 01 2019