PALLAVI DARBAR- 2019- DAY 3- 1/6/19- MFAC

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
CRama

PALLAVI DARBAR- 2019- DAY 3- 1/6/19- MFAC

Post by CRama »

Concert 1.
Kalyanapuram Aravind

I could not attend

Concert 2.
S. Mahathi
K.J.Dileep- Violin
Vijay Natesan- Mridangam
S.Krishna- Ghatam

Dwiraga Dwinadai RTP- Sunadavinodini and Bhairavi.
Pallavi- Sunadavinodini Sivasankari Pahimam
Syamakrishna sodari Tripura bhairavi
Mishra Jhampa talam- Poorvangam- Tisra gati (7*3=21)
Uttarangam- Mishra gati- (3*7=21)

DR. BMK, one of her Gurus has rendered this combo pallavi in a few concerts in a spellbinding manner. The pallavi sahithyam is also an adaptation of the pallavi rendered by BMK. However, Mahathi did a fine job. Her alapana of both the ragams alternatively seamlessly gliding between the ragams was much laudable exercise. It shows her intelligence, hard work, musical acumen and perfect planning. The tanam was also done in both the ragams. While doing the swarams , she tried a gati bhedam to Revati, but we heard only Sunadavinodini and not Revati. Other RM swarams in Natakurinji, Nasikabhooshani and Brindavanasaranga added colour and contrast to the RTP. There were many laya complexities like swarams in keezh kalam followed by the pallavi in mel kalam and vice versa. Anulomam Pratilomam was executed with precision.

K.J.Dileep on the violin followed her admirably bringing out the raga swaroopam most eloquently and following in the laya complexities which were much challenging. Vijay Natesan embellished the concert with his deft strokes and diligence.

Concert 3
Gayathri Venkatraghavan- Vocal
Charumati Raghuraman- Violin
B.Sivaraman- Mridangam

RTP- Hindolam
Adi talam- Panchanadai
The beats will be in tisram, chatusram, khandam, mishram and sankeernam nadais (Srotovoha yati)
Followed by Gopucha yati- mishram, khandam, chatusram nadais.
Pallavi- Devam deva devam Divya prabhavam
Sree Venkatesam Govindam Namami.

GV, the musician with a golden voice presented a wholesome picture of the ragam, seldom presented in a regular concert with this much details. The alapana was much enjoyable for her vidwath, sruti sudham, swarasthana sudham and aesthetic approach. There were many laya intricacies which I could not follow. I felt, the swara segment was over stretched. The RM swaras were in Hamsanandi, Kanada (Violin), Ahir Bhairav, Desh (Violin).

K.J. Dileep presented an exquisite alapana in his violin and he was a perfect foil for the laya intricacies of GV. B. Sivaraman embellished the concert with his intelligent and formidable accompaniment.

Concert 4
Dr.Pantula Rama- Vocal
M.S.N.Murthy- Violin
Manoj Siva
S.Krishna- Ghatam

List of songs.
1. Sarasasama dana- Kapinarayani
2. RTP- Arabhi
Talam- Aananda
Tisra Triputa- Mishra nadai, Khanda nadai and Tisra nadai for the Laghu, Chatusram for the Drutham
Pallavi.
Paramaananda Paramaananda Aananda Aananda Nanda Nandana Sanaatana

Kudos to Pantula Ramagaru for choosing Arabhi for the RTP. The raga was explored in all its hues and splendour and the soft voice of Pantula Rama, her manodharmam and eye for aesthetic presentation helped her to present the ragam with its minute nuances and beauty fully explored. KVN had made a strong imprint on Arabhi in the Navarathri Mandapam and Pantula also explored the hidden beauty of the ragam quite beautifully.

Included Upa Ghana ragams in the Ragamalika tanam. i.e, Saranganata, Ritigowla, Bhowli, Narayanagowla and Kedaram. However, I have never heard Saranganata as a part of the Upaghana ragams.

The pallavi is a tricky construction with each word to be sung twice and it required adequate concentration and precision which Pantula did with aplomb. Neraval, Anulomam Pratilomam were executed with razor sharp precision. She announced that in the swara segment, she will sing the Ghana ragams of the Pancharathna kritis. However, I had to leave midway as it was getting late.

Earlier Pantula announced that the artistes on the stage are meeting only now and did not have any rehearsal or even discussion. But all the artistes played their role with total dedication, concentration and diligence and it turned out to be a wonderful experience.

rajeshnat

Re: PALLAVI DARBAR- 2019- DAY 3- 1/6/19- MFAC

Post by rajeshnat »

CRama wrote: 02 Jun 2019, 23:14 Dr.Pantula Rama- Vocal
M.S.N.Murthy- Violin
Manoj Siva
S.Krishna- Ghatam

Earlier Pantula announced that the artistes on the stage are meeting only now and did not have any rehearsal or even discussion. But all the artistes played their role with total dedication, concentration and diligence and it turned out to be a wonderful experience.
Even MSN murthy and pantula rama are just meeting in the stage and they did not have discussion and rehearsal. I am assuming pantula only meant manoj siva and s krishna . Kudos to her pallavi, arabi is such a lovely roga .

CRama

Post by CRama »

Whether you believe it or not, that is what she announced. Even Murthy knows only what I have shard with you. But the team made an excellent show.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

CRama wrote: 03 Jun 2019, 11:42 Whether you believe it or not, that is what she announced. Even Murthy knows only what I have shard with you. But the team made an excellent show.
That was just a clarification post. I was double checking .Thanks

CRama

Post by CRama »

CRama wrote: 02 Jun 2019, 23:14 Concert 1.

Concert 3
Gayathri Venkatraghavan- Vocal
Charumati Raghuraman- Violin
B.Sivaraman- Mridangam

RTP- Hindolam
Adi talam- Panchanadai
The beats will be in tisram, chatusram, khandam, mishram and sankeernam nadais (Srotovoha yati)
Followed by Gopucha yati- mishram, khandam, chatusram nadais.
Pallavi- Devam deva devam Divya prabhavam
Sree Venkatesam Govindam Namami.

GV, the musician with a golden voice presented a wholesome picture of the ragam, seldom presented in a regular concert with this much details. The alapana was much enjoyable for her vidwath, sruti sudham, swarasthana sudham and aesthetic approach. There were many laya intricacies which I could not follow. I felt, the swara segment was over stretched. The RM swaras were in Hamsanandi, Kanada (Violin), Ahir Bhairav, Desh (Violin).

K.J. Dileep presented an exquisite alapana in his violin and he was a perfect foil for the laya intricacies of GV. B. Sivaraman embellished the concert with his intelligent and formidable accompaniment.

It was Charumati Raghuraman who enriched the concert of GV. Sorry for writing as KJ Dileep in the comments portion.