T. M. Krishna Lec-dem on Gender in CM - DKP Centenary

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
ram1999

#51 Re: T. M. Krishna Lec-dem on Gender in CM - DKP Centenary

Post by ram1999 »

Sachi_R wrote:
30 Dec 2019, 05:58

5. Ramaswamy Dikshitar has been given too much credit for setting down the nagaswaram traditions in Tiruvarur temple; whereas the pipers themselves would have plausibly organised their musical schedules and practices maybe with some prompting by Ramaswamy Dikshitar.
Absolute rubbish that he (Krishna) has spewn as usual .... The anti bhramin, anti MSS tirade.... :lol: :lol:
This has no offense to the reviewer ... as each one has their own view point!!

And one day after a few years one chap will say that TMK has been accorded too much of credit for his musical abilities and his musical journey :lol: :lol:

shankarank

#52 Re: T. M. Krishna Lec-dem on Gender in CM - DKP Centenary

Post by shankarank »

RSR wrote:
05 Jan 2020, 00:50
If one has read the great plays of the English Bard ( especially his happy -ending plays like As you like it and 15 more, each play occupies just about 20 pages at the most).
We have what is called "vyAsam" - expansion. Srimad Bhagavat gIta was given in sUtra form which Sage vyAsa expanded as per tradition.

Most treatises have commentary in that same fashion.

Our Alapanas follow that model seems to me.

Shakespeare .. hmm... forgot the little bit I was taught. I am from thick of tamizh country. Focus was on Math and sciences. Now I wonder why was it even prescribed in school :lol: . People who need to know it can read it! Working English can be learnt without all that!

I am enjoying music without knowing any of the languages involved in the original compositions.

RasikasModerator2

#53 Re: T. M. Krishna Lec-dem on Gender in CM - DKP Centenary

Post by RasikasModerator2 »

Deivame!!