Neela Ramgopal, Nada Inbam

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
rbharath

Neela Ramgopal, Nada Inbam

Post by rbharath »

Neela Ramgopal - V Sanjeev - Guru Raghavendra - BS Purushottaman

Nada Inbam
Raga Sudha Hall
4 Jan 2020 6:15 pm

slOkam in asAvEri
E paNikO - asAvEri - T (S)
jambUpatE - yamunA kalyANi - MD (R)
O jagadamba - Ananda bhairavi - Adi - SS (RS)
kapAli irukka vIN kalakkam En unakku - sAvEri - kaNDa cApu - PS (NS)
nannu brOvakanu - shankarAbaraNam - misra cApu - T (RNST)
vA vA vEl murugA - sindhu bhairavi - Mayuram Viswanatha Sastri (R)
nI nAma rUpamulaku

An exquisite experience this concert this was. The yamuna kalyani was so pleasing. Ananda bhairavi was so moving. A crisp and fast saveri that was so beautiful. A grand and majestic shankarabaranam. A pleasing sindhu bhairavi. The team gave a very wonderful concert

bharath

pattamaa

Re: Neela Ramgopal, Nada Inbam

Post by pattamaa »

Do catch-up in YouTube. A prestine concert , lot of shantham and nimmadhi(peace) in music ( six keerthana only but complete in all aspects) Several aahaa moments in yamuna kalyani alapana, saveri neraval and shankarabharanam

https://youtu.be/e2TH54n7kRk

rbharath

Post by rbharath »

Indeed. Just 6 kritis for the entire 2 hour 15 min concert. The rare shankarabaranam kriti with neraval at 'kAsuni vetukaga kanna ratnamu rIti' was too good and still lingering in my mind.

The yamuna kalyani with jambUpatE was too good

srikant1987

Post by srikant1987 »

Were multiple charaNams sung in Shankarabharanam?

HarishankarK

Post by HarishankarK »

I heard upto Jambupathey (I thought she will sing Nanda Gopala of MD) but felt her voice was too harsh and non- cooperative this particulatlr day so gave the rest of the concert a pass.
Then switched on to Vivek Sadasivam instead - he sang v well.

Mami's vidwath came out in the Asaveri krithi and swarams itself.
Yamuna kalyani alapanai sounded a lot like Jambupathey but I could spot clear cut flashes of Kalyani as well. I believe that if an alapanai must be sung in this raga then need to borrow from Kalyani. But kudos to Maami her alapanai didn't sound for 1 sec any hindustani phrase.

ram1999

Post by ram1999 »

I chanced upon a 10 mins clip of Abhishek's nereval and swarams for a kriti in the fb. The gimmicry and the speed made me tired ! :roll: :roll:

soon after listened to the webcast of this concert of Smt. Neela Ramgopal singing sankarabaranam. What a contrast and a blissful music it was ! SUPERB

ram1999

Post by ram1999 »

HarishankarK wrote: 06 Jan 2020, 11:27 I but felt her voice was too harsh and non- cooperative
Yes, there was a bit of voice problems (perhaps age factor) in the beginning of the concert, but that was overcome in sometime. Nevertheless, the music was BEAUTIFUL and PRISTINE !

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Her voice was smooth, gentle and sweet after a short time.

A wonderful concert

HarishankarK

Post by HarishankarK »

Oh!okay
Will listen tonight the shankarabharanqm - is this the same kriti in which there is a western tune like chittaswaram? I have heard Sowmya sing it in radio kutcheri.

rbharath

Post by rbharath »

srikant1987 wrote: 06 Jan 2020, 10:38 Were multiple charaNams sung in Shankarabharanam?
The listing in tyagaraja vaibavam, gives 6 caranams for this song, after the pallavi.

After the pallavi, the first caranam which starts with as 'kAsuni vetugaka..' was sung like the anupallavi. The second and last caranams were sung together as one long caranam.

rbharath

Post by rbharath »

HarishankarK wrote: 06 Jan 2020, 14:23 Oh!okay
Will listen tonight the shankarabharanam - is this the same kriti in which there is a western tune like chittaswaram? I have heard Sowmya sing it in radio kutcheri.
Neela mami did not sing any chittai swaram to this kriti. i havent heard this kriti from anyone else. Faintly remember that Neela mami herself, sang it on some occasion earlier.

HarishankarK

Post by HarishankarK »

Neela Maami Sankarabharanam v v nice ans soothing. also Sindhu Bhiaravi great

Sowmya one is different below

nannu_brOcuTakevarennAru-shankarAbharaNam-mysore_vAsudevAcAr

This one is having nice interesting western chittai

HarishankarK

Post by HarishankarK »

Neela Maami Sankarabharanam v v nice ans soothing. also Sindhu Bhiaravi great

Sowmya one is different below

nannu_brOcuTakevarennAru-shankarAbharaNam-mysore_vAsudevAcAr

This one is having nice interesting western chittai after anupallavi and carnatic chittai after charanam. I think it is unique song with two diff chittaiswarams