Bharat sundar @ SrI SemmanguDi SrInivAsa Iyer Golden Jubilee Foundation

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
shankarank

Bharat sundar @ SrI SemmanguDi SrInivAsa Iyer Golden Jubilee Foundation

Post by shankarank »

<<Forgot the link!! - added later>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0KnUAAmwb4

L . RAmakrishnan - Violin
N.C BharatvAj - Mridangam

Stupendous concert bringing memories of Semmangudi Mama ( for me only in tapes!). Many of his staple items.

varALi and mAmava mInAkshi provided the lift/gravitas to the concert.

dEvi jagajanani in SankarAbharaNam - Maharaja's composition has an odd Arudhi pre 1/2 akshara prior to the dRtam. Always wondered - I heard this one by Sankari Krishnan in mini hall @NGS with PApanasam Kumar (2002) and due to it's anomaly singer and percussion exchange glances - always and happened here as well!

All svara prastarams were in the saukyam ambit of Mama , avoided much of rhythmic permu-combo.
L. Ramakrishnan followed suit impeccably and his VaraLi/SankarabharaNam reply was delectable.

N.C Bharadvaj who combines the persistence of KRM school and dexterity and reactive style of UKS provided a robust accompaniment.

Every mridangist that comes along to accompany Bharat shines and always has something to say / show on their own - and that says a lot about the robustness of Bharat Sundar's music. Even UKS mama would not have provided such a rich accompaniment to Semmangudi Mama.

sApaSya kausalya ( pardon my mistakes in words - I don't know the sAhitya correctly) - really brought memories.

rajeshnat

Re: Bharat sundar @ SrI SemmanguDi SrInivAsa Iyer Golden Jubilee Foundation

Post by rajeshnat »

shankarank wrote: 09 Nov 2020, 01:13
sApaSya kausalya ( pardon my mistakes in words - I don't know the sAhitya correctly) - really brought memories.
Forget when some one once corrected me as sapAshyat instead of sApaSya
sapAshyat kausalyA - jOnpuri - tirupazhanam panchApakEsa Iyer