KUNNAKUDI BALAMURALIKRISHNA IN MUSIC ACADEMY 24/12/2020

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
CRama

KUNNAKUDI BALAMURALIKRISHNA IN MUSIC ACADEMY 24/12/2020

Post by CRama »

Last two seasons, the whole day I used to spend in Music Academy starting from the morning lec dems. Those were exhilarating days. This year, I am entering Academy virtually. Once you get the user name and pass word, the process of accession is not very complicated. Plus the help line is very supportive.

The second concert on the first day was Kunnakudi BMK. Duration 90 minutes. With no audience before the artistes to cheer up, and limited duration, it was like hearing a radio concert. The manodharmam elements are measured, no intricate pallavis, tani is also measured. But I found one plus point. Especially in the concert of Kunnakudi BMK. The sowkhyam element was much more than what you will find in his normal concerts.

Two songs- Aragimpave in Thodi and Manamuleda in Hameerkalyani were given elaborate treatment. He commenced the concert with Abhogi varnam followed with Ganarajena samrakshitoham in Arabhi.

B.U.Ganesh Prasad on the Violin, B.Harikumar on the Mridangam and Sreesunderkumar on the Ganjira embellished the concert remarkably.

vasanthakokilam

Re: KUNNAKUDI BALAMURALIKRISHNA IN MUSIC ACADEMY 24/12/2020

Post by vasanthakokilam »

>The sowkhyam element was much more than what you will find in his normal concerts.

We will chalk it up as a big plus.

Thanks CRama

Sundara Rajan

Re: KUNNAKUDI BALAMURALIKRISHNA IN MUSIC ACADEMY 24/12/2020

Post by Sundara Rajan »

I guess this concert is available ONLY to paid rasikas of the Academy ! I couldn't find it in YouTube channel.