Mood lifter- Bharati by Gayathri & Bharati

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
Sachi_R

Mood lifter- Bharati by Gayathri & Bharati

Post by Sachi_R »

I was very happy to watch this video https://youtu.be/7D3yQK0oVVU

Being a non-Tamilian, I make up for my lack of familiarity with the Mahakavi Bharati's works by my keenness to know more about how he has been presented in CM.

This song is a beautiful breezy effort, for sure!

Vidushi Gayathri Girish is known for her erudition, presentation skills, purity of music, and richness of voice especially in the middle register. Sri. Rajkumar Bharati made a big name for himself as a singer and is now a go-to expert in CM.

I simply loved this video. It is classy in every way. Lord Ganesha himself seems to be thoroughly enjoying the song. GG has panache and sweetness in her rendition. The music is really grand. It is rare to hear such pure AND grand CM these days.

I look forward to more videos from the duo.

I request knowledgeable rasikas to write about these songs. It will surely lift up our moods and enlighten people like me!

God bless GG & RB.
Last edited by Sachi_R on 31 Jul 2021, 17:13, edited 1 time in total.

Sachi_R

Re: Mood lifter- Bharati by Gayathri & Bharati

Post by Sachi_R »

I forgot to add - this song will be a hit among Bharatanatyam dancers!

parivadini

Post by parivadini »

I remember listening to this repeatedly froma sangeetha tape rendered by Rajkumar Bharathi himself. Fortunately found that recording after reading your post (only partial). Thanks for reminding me of this gem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAAImATlzPE

CRama

Post by CRama »

This is a wonderful series curated by Gayathri Girish and Rajkumar Bharati. I have heard this song in Hamsadhwani from BHarat Rathna M.S Subbulakshmi and I have heard many concerts of Rajkumar Bharati n Bangalore and this song is tuned by him in the lilting tune of Natakurinji and he has impressed thousands of rasikas with this song. Gayathri Girish has sung the song with great lyrical clarity and amazing raga bhavam. The chittaswarams are very lovely. We are going to get immersed in the music of Bharati for the coming days. DElighted.