Mambalam Sisters @IFA(GNB Day) on May 1st ,2006

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

The concert was held in Indian Fine Arts , T Nagar on the occasion of Shri GNB day .
Accompanist - Dr Hemalatha in Violin , ??? - Mridangist and KS Rangachari in Kanjira.
1. Ranjani niranjani ratna kanchukabharana (S)-Ranjani
2. Mohanakrishna jagan(S)-Kathanakutuhalam
3. Sudha Madhoorya Bhushini - Amrithavarshini ???
4. Gati verevaramma kamakshyamma (R N S T)-Bhairavi
4. Unnadiye gati enradainden taye unmai ni-Bahudari
5. Tillana - Hamsanandhi

There are not many days where one gets to know more about Shri GNB as a composer.The sisters sang only GNB Krithis. I was late and just started to hear the lovely Ranjani krithi .Swarams of Ranjani were perfect and the next krithi in Kathanakuthuhalam kept up the tempo very well.

Bhairavi Raga Alapana was ok ,though felt the swarams were not very elaborate . The last two pieces BahudAri and Tillana gave a very good finish. OVerall since hearing the sisters in the last 2 years , always feel they come very prepared with the selection of the krithis.

Dr Hemalatha's Violin was good in phases . The Mridangist was quite good and the sisters dad (KS Rangachari)support in Kanjira was ok.

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

sudhA mAdhurya is in vandanadhAriNi.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Lakshman Sir,
In karnatik.com , there are sometimes few krithis(like this vandanadhaarini) that are just left out . Will it be possible for you to update the site then and there so that we all help you to add few drops to your near bucket full of water.

p.s there are no krithis in the vandanadhaarini rAga in the url http://www.karnatik.com/ragasv.shtml

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

rajeshnat:
I had contributed several hundred songs to Karnatik.com site. It was the collection I had at that time. When people put in a request for a song at that site, the request is relayed to me. I do send the lyrics to the webmaster as well as the person requesting the song lyric.
It is left to the webmaster to add these lyrics to their database. I have no control over this.
But whenever you want lyrics you can always post your request here and I will be happy to oblige.
By the way I have 11 kritis listed in my index for this raga.