An interesting program

Music that is not orthodox Carnatic or Hindustani.
rshankar

Post by rshankar »

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

yes,such programmes are very popular. Even in many contests to select aspiring talented youngsters, old film songs based on raagas are highly appreciated THEY FEEL THAT RAAGA BASED FILM SONGS ARE VERY MELODIOUS, I must mention about' nenjam marappadillai' programme in kalaignar tv on sundaysfrom 10.10am to11am ist, in which our own Suryaprakash is excelling singing MKTBhagavathar's songs as his voice resebles that of MKT.I am happy to inform thatmydaughter Swati Venkatraman,a forumite has been chosen to render MLV's old film songs after her stint in Jaya tv She is also expected to sing duets from old films with Suryaprakash
Incidentally I must also mention that TVS SAREGAMA programme in zeetv of yester years on mondays when Sonu nigam was conducting had thousands of admirers. the younsters chosen had avery high standard in rendeing old songs of Lata, ASHA,Rafi,Talatand many singing stars. the judges were great composers like Naushad, OPNayyar, Anil Biswas,ETCand ghazal singers Jagjit SIngh, Talat aziz. an awesome list ., gobilalitha

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Best Wishes to Swathi!!

arasi

Post by arasi »

GBL,
Great! The best to Swati. Doubly happy because our Suryaprakash is the star of the show.

bilahari

Post by bilahari »

Best wishes!
Last edited by bilahari on 08 Sep 2009, 12:47, edited 1 time in total.