The same song in tamizh and Hindi films!

Music that is not orthodox Carnatic or Hindustani.
rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Example 1: The tamizh song was clearly first
Some of us may remember this very lovely song from P. Susheela:
nIla vaNNa kaNNanE unadu eNNamellAm nAn aRivEn

You can hear it here:
http://www.musicplug.in/multiple_song_f ... 6&id=29455

Or download it from cooltoad:
http://music.cooltoad.com/music/song.php?id=183065

And here is the Hindi version of this song from the film pAyal - I think it is very faithful to both tune and content:
chODO chODO jI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAaBydV3wAc

Example 2: The hindi version was clearly first
ThanDi havAyEn (with Lata singing it marAThI style: as hawAyEn!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbZk7-Juga4

A faithful copy of just the tune and not the content:
konjum purAvE
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/t ... name.5526/

I am sure that MANY more such examples exist - I was wondering if we could get examples of such!
Last edited by rshankar on 03 Jan 2008, 02:20, edited 1 time in total.

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

yes . the trend in yester years, before the advent of great composers like Ilayaraja, msv. ar rehman , hundreds of hindi songs were adopted in tamil films. but on date, the above mentioned MDs h ave become world famous, because of their creative abilities .some times the producers who make films in both the languages,with the same story want some of the hit songs to figure in both tamil and hindi films. there are also instances, where very famous carnatic musicians adopted hindi tunes.examples madurai mani iyer 'KANDAN KARUNAI PURIYUM VADIVEL from 'bina madhura madhura from the film ram rajya, poonkuyil koovum pooncholaiyil oru naal f by DKPATTAMMAL, FROM baalam aye baso mere man me by the great singer KLSAIGAL(OH MY GOD, WILL THERE BE ANOTHER ONE LIKE HIMGOBILALITHA

arasi

Post by arasi »

gOrE goRE! of Shamshad Begum became MLV's aiyyA sAmi, Aoji sAmi, the one of a kind narikkombirukku vAngalaiyO? which we have talked about before.
chup chup khaDe hO zarUr kOi bAt hai became AVM vAzhkai's eNNi eNNip pArkka manam in Vyjayanthi's debut performance.
And there are so many more...

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

I wanted to add some more lines but power went off , now a days ,most of the hindi film music directors cannot hold a candle to tamil music directors like yuvansankar raja,bharadwaj.vidyasagaretc even musicdirectoranu malik has admitted that he adopts tunes from tamil somgs, since I DO NOT KNOW MUCH ABOUT MALAYALAM,KANNADA, TELUGU film mds, i have not commented ,but my friends say that there are very fine mds in those languages gobilalitha

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

arasi wrote:gOrE goRE! of Shamshad Begum became MLV's aiyyA sAmi, Aoji sAmi, the one of a kind narikkombirukku vAngalaiyO? which we have talked about before.
Arasi:

Here are your picks:

ayyA sAmi AvOji sAmi from Or iravu
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/t ... name.5031/

gOrE gOrE bAkE cOrE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJhbVdcNfmU

Sam Swaminathan

Post by Sam Swaminathan »

More recently....Chinna Chinna Aasai in Tamil became Choti si Aasha in Hindi ?

rajumds

Post by rajumds »

The bi lingual films by Maniratnam / Rehman (Bombay , Dil Se, etc) have such songs

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

here is anothersong 'Diwali phir aagaye sajni in hindi FILM KHAZANCI; IN EARLY 40's KAAVALI PAYALE summa kidada in tamil !wonderful lyric! I THINK lAKSHMAN WOULD HAVE ALREADY POSTED THE FAMOUS DIWALI SONG ref needed gobilalitha

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

All the songs of "Ram Rajya" starring shobhana samarath which were most popular in those days!

arasi

Post by arasi »

CML,
How could we forget TanDi havAyEn (konjum puRAvE)??

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Of course! We could have done a jam session just on that!
Did anybody figure out what raga it is ?

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

arasi wrote:CML,
How could we forget TanDi havAyEn (konjum puRAvE)??
And I thought I had posted that as my second example in post #1!

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Shankar
Arasi is referring to the discussions we had quite some time back!

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

tandi hawayen seems to be based on raag kedar of hindustani music hamir kalyani as we know . it is only baed on, and not fully on kedar I may be wrong . ONE THING IS CLEAR. our tamil, telugu,kannada, malayalam musicdirectors can adopt any hm raagas but hindi mds cannot compose in purely cm raagas like kambodhi ,ananda bhairavi, surutti, , begada to mention a few ... for fun sake, try to sing the very famous Talat mohd s AYE MERI DIL KAHIN ', SET IN BHAIRAVI OF HINDUSTANI MUSIC , OUR SINDHU BHAIRAVI .in carnatic begadaor kambodhi and enjoythe comical result gobilalitha

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

probably, the result of singing aye meri dil kahin aur chal in begada or kambodi will remind you of one of forum's earlier thread "singing ih an inebriated condition" I am trying to inject some comical relief amidst very serious discussioms .gobilalitha

arasi

Post by arasi »

The song 'jA tujhse nahin bOLun kanhaiyA' (in ParivAr??) was such an exciting thing for us to hear as youngsters--the first hindi film song we heard in hamsadhvani! It sounded great. It stayed close to vAtApi gaNapatim too...
Last edited by arasi on 04 Jan 2008, 16:07, edited 1 time in total.

vageyakara

Post by vageyakara »

Hallo Arasi , does Hamsadwani have the same name in Hind.Nusic too ?
Ramaraj

arasi

Post by arasi »

No idea. I suppose it was just hamsadhvani and nothing else, just as I have heard ShanmukhapriyA being sung in a northern concert, going by the very same name. Chittalkar Ramchandra, the well known music director started his career by working for a tamizh film called maNikkoDi. It is possible that on hearing the rAgAs, they were inspired to compose or sing in those south indian rAgAs...

vageyakara

Post by vageyakara »

UREKHA !!!!
I just now found out. It is known as Hamsadwani only - deriving from That No.2 Bilawal (corresponding to our (29) dhira Shankarabharanam

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

it is actually hansdwani. . . bilawal must have a sweet meaning in urdu. ..the slain beautiful, charismatic benazir's name is bilawal gobilalitha

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

sorry it should be benazir's son gobilalitha

vageyakara

Post by vageyakara »

Yah Yah Yah , (GBL)
If u take PA NI SA RI for BE NA ZI R u will get an apt swaraaksharam for that

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

gobilalitha wrote:sorry it should be benazir's son gobilalitha
When did Benazir Bhutto have a son named gobilalitha :)

vageyakara

Post by vageyakara »

No ?Sir Mr Balu has signed as goblilalitha and forgot to press' ENTER' before closing the post, I think.HJis son's name is Mohan
Ramaraj

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

gobilalitha wrote:I am trying to inject some comical relief amidst very serious discussioms .gobilalitha
I know Ramraj! That is why the smilie :)

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

all because of a missing fullstop...... again a missing fullstop ..gobilalitha

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

sorry ramaraj, I forgot to add a word of appreciation about benazir swarakshara . is it in bilawal? gobilalitha

vageyakara

Post by vageyakara »

Yes Balu,
It just struck mi mind !
BIlawal is known as SANKARABHARANAM IN OUR C.M.
And now THE eloborating theme:-

SON KARA BHARANAM TO BENAZIR MATHA
WO BELAWAL BETA KII DHWARAA
Note Please note that Both Shankarabharanam and the BIKAWAL that have been brought inyo one Pallavi.
Please smile a while and ignore !!!
Ramaraj
Last edited by vageyakara on 07 Jan 2008, 08:22, edited 1 time in total.

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

what was started in this thread by bharat as songs adapted from hindi to tamil and vice versa.ends(sorry not ended)in a pallavi on benazir in sankarabaranam/bilawal,swarakshara gobilalitha

vageyakara

Post by vageyakara »

kIt some times happen like this Balu