Pinching the child and rocking thr cradle

Music that is not orthodox Carnatic or Hindustani.
gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

Are you all wondering what the topic subject has to do with light classical? I have been very often questioning what is original score , how the best song is arrived at? while we as a nation are proud of ARR for oscar award, here is what THE GREAT GHAZAL MAESTRO Jagjit Singh has to say about it. Times of india, Bangalore dated8/4(PAGE9)
'jai ho 'did notdeserve an oscar. The world might go ga ga over ARR'Soscar winning composition'jai ho', but legendary ghazal singer finds the song overrated.
The 68 year old legend who is famous for his candid nature believes that getting academy award was a golden moment in THE INDIAN HISTORY,but the song per se did not deserve the honour .Getting an Oscar is no doubt a great achievment, but the song for which we got the award is not so special.
SIMILARLY , except for some earlier albums, the songs of later albums of Jagjit singh were ordinary , stale and repetitive . I think . I am going to incur the wrath of, ARR AND Jagjit singh admirerrs., especially coolji who is an ardent lover of Jagjitsingh.

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

gobilalitha wrote:SIMILARLY , except for some earlier albums, the songs of later albums of Jagjit singh were ordinary , stale and repetitive.
Mama, I agree both with you (about JS) and with Jagjit Singh (regarding 'jai ho')! :D

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

Last edited by coolkarni on 28 Nov 2009, 08:04, edited 1 time in total.