cane strokes for me for a film song 'PAVURAMA' BY P.Bhanumat

Music that is not orthodox Carnatic or Hindustani.
gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

This episode is about the tremendously popular telugu film song of the early forties' Pavurama' by P.Bhanumati in 'swargaseema' THIS SONG WAS ON EVERYBODY'S LIPS IN THOSE DAYS.
CANE STROKES.... I was a student of 8thstandard inThe Little Flower High School.Salem, noted for the high standard of eduction and perfect discipline. One day in my geography class, while my teacher Sri.SUBBARAO was writing something on the board, I made a mimicry of Bhanumati holding a dove in her hand and uttering 'mokakoko' just like the dove before the song Pavurama The teacher was livid with anger shouting ' don't you know the discipline of the school 'and began thrashing me with the cane,till I cried in pain
well, can anybody post the song ? I think Mr.L AKSHMAN OR COOLJI CAN DO IT. gobilalitha

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

Last edited by coolkarni on 28 Nov 2009, 08:02, edited 1 time in total.

karthikbala

Post by karthikbala »

gobilalitha wrote:This episode is about the tremendously popular telugu film song of the early forties' Pavurama' by P.Bhanumati in 'swargaseema' THIS SONG WAS ON EVERYBODY'S LIPS IN THOSE DAYS...
See:
http://www.dhool.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4947
The site has a clip:
http://www.dhool.com/cgi-bin/stream.pl? ... otd/807.rm

I have yet to set up real player on my PC, so I haven't listened to it myself.
If I remember right, in one of Charulatha's Isai Payanam concerts, Dr. V.V. Srivatsa sang the opening lines of this song. What the context was, I cannot remember :(

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

Thanks, kartikbala, I heard the song. I request all light music rasikas to hear the song of early forties , for Bhanumathi'svoice, the orchestra in the background and pleasing sindhu bhairavi. EVEN THOUGH, I got the strokes of the cane, the song is worth them... GOBILALITHA

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

Coolji So, you were also a student of the school of the same name. But, were you caned for any mischief? In my case, I am very , proud of the school despite the pain in my hands which I deserved.Ironically ,THE NEXT YEAR Igot an award for good conduct and the following books were presented, David Copperfield, Womain in white, The picture of Dorian Gray.
Ravi , pl hear the song , you will like it GBL