Lalgudi Vijayalakshmi: Nadha Natana Tillanas Album

Place to review recorded music that you have heard.
Rsachi

Lalgudi Vijayalakshmi: Nadha Natana Tillanas Album

Post by Rsachi »

You can listen to some fine Lalgudi Tillanas presented very creatively in her own voice by Lalgudi Vijayalakshmi at Raaga.com at this link: http://raa.ag/aHI01354

You can also buy the CD at Times Music.

Kaanada, Vaasanthi, Baageshri, Desh, Maand, Chenjuruti, Madhuvanti...
With appropriate orchestration... Violin, veena, flute, sarangi, mridangam,tabla...

cacm

Re: Lalgudi Vijayalakshmi: Nadha Natana Tillanas Album

Post by cacm »

VIJI has done a SUPERB presentation of the LGJ THILLANAS. It took me back to 1971 when LGJ explained the circumstances inspiration behind the lyrics & sang his thillanas in the AIRPORT PARKING LOT in Syracuse (while we were waiting for the American Airlines to straighten out my VISIT USA SCHEDULE; They tried from 9 A.M. till 5P.M. at the airport & gave up & had to accept my optimization schedule which enabled LGJ to PRACTICALLY violate all their rules criss-crossing N.A.)
That day was the HIGHLIGHT of the time I spent with LGJ on that tour which I will remember rest of my life. To a Theoretical Physicist like me that & Viji's renderings are EQUIVALENT to FEYNMAN EXPLAINING HIS FEYNMAN DIAGRAMS.....I am VERY PROUD that both GJR& VIJI ARE PROUDLY CARRYING THE TORCH & the least we can do is to SUPPORT THEIR EFFORTS. THIS rendering is A MUST FOR ANY ONE who wishes to follow the CREATIVITY OF LGJ. VKV :-BD :ymapplause:

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

Sir, now the question. "What is the moral of the story?"

1. If you find two Indians in their prime sitting in a car at the Syracuse parking lot singing and gesturing animatedly, don't call them terrorists. They are doing perhaps what Strauss and Dvorak did in their time.
2. If you're American Airlines and you can't figure out optimised air routes for Visit USA, don't complain when you get "Bangalored."
3. In a connected world, you can ALWAYS meet great people and listen to great music. Get smart.

:D ~o) ~o) :D

cacm

Post by cacm »

"Rsachi": Sir, now the question. "What is the moral of the story?"

1. If you find two Indians in their prime sitting in a car at the Syracuse parking lot singing and gesturing animatedly, don't call them terrorists. They are doing perhaps what Strauss and Dvorak did in their time.
THOSE were the BENIGN DAYS when one could take Sheikh Chinna Moulana to his seat on the aircraft! Correction: There were three Indians-you left Ramani out not to mention the Thambura! Only ONE SANG & IT WAS LGJ. Wish I had a recorder to tape the whole event
2. If you're American Airlines and you can't figure out optimised air routes for Visit USA, don't complain when you get "Bangalored." Having consulted for AA on their SABRE Reservations Programs I knew the BUGS IN IT! I have only heard of DELHI BELLY; In Bangalore the general reputation reg. Cricket was if you were from a Madras team to never get the ball to hit the pad as it was said it was an AUTOMATIC LBW but M.G.Vijayasarasthi was the BEST UMPIRE in those days! Can you elaborate on being "Bangalored" its new to me.
3. In a connected world, you can ALWAYS meet great people and listen to great music. Get smart. I am not smart & not capable of getting smart. But I have managed to get connected with the likes of a RSachi still! I still maintain NOTHING LIKE DUMB LUCK EXPRESSED VARIOUSLY AS BEING IN THE RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME....VKV

:D ~o) ~o)

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

Source Macmillan Dictionary.

So This is now officially in dictionaries!

cacm

Post by cacm »

GREAT! GLAD B'LORE MADE IT THO' I WOULD LIKE IT FOR RAMANAVAMI CONCERTS ESP. OF FLUTE MALI , CHOWDIAH ETC OR AT LEAST KEMPA GOWDA THEATRES. KUMBAKONAM WITH ALL ITS TEMPLES MADE IT BEC. OF ITS "KOSUS"(Mosquitoes); I was a recepient of Kumbakonam's GENEROSITY TOWARDS ALL THINGS LIVING tho' it was Typhoid! (FOR 2ND TIME THO' "AIYTHEEKAM"(FOLKLORE) SAID YOU CAN GET IT ONLY ONCE ETC-I KNEW I WAS SPECIAL THO' NOT IN A DESIREABLE WAY!- VKV :)) :(( i-) :-@ :-? #-o #:-s 8-| i-)

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

Sir,
For old timers, Bangalore is the air conditioned garden city with a cultured, laid back life style.
For music lovers, it is the Mecca of the best music concerts during Ramanavami.
For foodies, MTR and Vidyarthi Bhavan
For techies, it's India's city of silicon, software, space, biotech, aircraft, machine tools..AND OUTSOURCING.
For shoppers it's Fab India, Mysore silk, commercial street and brigade toad and the best malls.
For the lakhs that invade Bangalore every year in search of jobs and riches, it is the place that invented concrete mushroom.
It's population doubled in last ten years, it's officially India's third biggest city, it has >50000 Oriya cooks alone, >150000 NE folks in security jobs, lakhs and lakhs of all other Indians, and even some Kannadigas like poor me.
It has some music festival or other running round the year.

cacm

Post by cacm »

As a TAMILIAN myself let me congragulate Bangalore for not letting too many MADRAS PERSONS IN! (Attempt at joke) VKV

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

Guess you're right. There are only 3-3.5million Tamil speakers in Bangalore.

cacm

Post by cacm »

Dear RSachi,
YOU r forcing me to confess to so many sins of being a Madrasi! ONE MORE: I must confess the days of Rayar cafe, Coimbatore Krishna Iyer where one could mingle with the likes of GNB, C S Murugabhooprthy alas NO LONGER EXIST IN MADRAS (Deserving the change of name to Chennai) & BANGALORE Madrasi Restaurants are SUPERIOR to the ones on Chennai. Fortunately Mofussil towns as they used to be called Kumbakonam, Thanjavur,Tiruchy, Madurai etc-Places South- STILL RETAIN the fantastic cuisine....Hooray to Mofussil & Sanga Palakai.....VKV

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

Sir, all along I have felt you're someone Madras ought to be proud of ... from Chromepet to Tiruvottriyur.
Almost all my friends are Madrassis, living all over and quite a few in Bangalore.
Please do come here when you're in India next.
My family says that I am only a nominal Kannadiga as I am a Madrassi at heart :)

cacm

Post by cacm »

I say the BEST Madrassi is the one who is a Madrassi at heart....Are you coming to Cleveland this year? VKV

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

Whether I come or not, sir, your kind invite makes me feel so good!

cacm

Post by cacm »

IMPROVE ON FEELING GOOD BY COMING & FEELING BETTER IF NOT BEST-GOOD BETTER BEST AS WREN& MARTIN SAYS. VKV

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

I still have a copy of W&M.

cacm

Post by cacm »

W&M is almost as valuable as a Picasso or Ravi Varma. Tempted to take the next plane to B'Lore just to see it!.....THE KEY TO SUCCESS in surviving the Indian Educational System. Fortunately I took to Theoretical Physics & worked in areas where by definition the entry is granted as long as one DOES NOT UNDERSTAND the area they are researching. A great one told me to work in areas where one's predictions are not verifiable for at least century! AKA as Consultant also used when one is out of a job.....VKV :ymapplause: L-) :-$ :-@ :-ss i-) :) :)

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

I bought this copy of Wren and Martin second hand at Sharada Book Store, Ulsoor, who sold ICSE school books for Bishop Cotton's, my son's school. The guy knew the dad would pay a king's ransom for this one...

Remind me to tell you corporate world jokes when we meet, sir!

cacm

Post by cacm »

Would be very much interested! My be we shd. talk on phone once a month or so. I can call you & as Ambani has made CALLS TO india so inexpensive even a retiree on UNIV OF CALIFORNIA+ UNCLE SAM'S PENSION CAN EASILY AFFORD IT!.....Incidentally You might be surprised to know I played for Madras U in 1952-53 & played at Bishop Cotton's CRICKET ground against Bombay-I FIELDED for 2 days w/ Nari Contractor, H P Dhani, R B KENNY & two others scoring Centuries & they scored over 600 runs!- but BOMBAY lost to MYSORE W/L T Adisesh & S.Kasthurirangan beating them in the finals at Central College grounds.....Still the muscles are aching from that fielding experience...... Esp with our corrupt manager forcing us to sleep on the floor at central college pavilion & getting hot water for 2 annas from the engineering college nearby! The coconut oil froze too!...But still memorable days. I still fondly remember & like B'Lore...VKV O:-) L-) :-$ #:-s #-o :)) (-| :-BD

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

Sir
you seem to be a one man history of all that adore.. cricket, CM, technology -all of which I am still learning the basics of.
yes, lets talk.
thanks!

cacm

Post by cacm »

THE TRICK IS TO RUN FROM ONE AREA TO ANOTHER BEFORE ONE GETS EXPOSED! WITH GOOD PERSONS LIKE YOU BEING GENEROUS IT RESULTS IN FUN....VKV