Disposing Old Tapes

Place to review recorded music that you have heard.
prathibha

Disposing Old Tapes

Post by prathibha »

Dear Rasikas,

I have a few collection of old tapes, all of which are already available in digitized format on the internet.

Any ideas on what do we do with them?

Would you know of someone who would still like to listen on tapes, or has some use for it? I would give it away for free. The last resort is to recycle them via a e-waste processing organization.

Please let me know

Thanks,
Prathibha

Sundara Rajan

Re: Disposing Old Tapes

Post by Sundara Rajan »

I have the same problem too ! I had several old reel to reel tapes of carnatic music from the 1960's that I gave away to a fiend along with my LP records. I still have about one thousand cassette tapes of vocal and instrumental music !

lordofthesenses

Post by lordofthesenses »

In case you still have them, I would be interested. I can buy them from you. There are many pieces of music, not just Carnatic classical, which are available only on tapes in good quality.

Sundara Rajan

Post by Sundara Rajan »

With advancing age ( I turned 87 two months ago ) and declining health, in preparation for my ultimate journey, I have begun to downsize my worldly possessions, including my music collection.
I would like to GIVE AWAY FREE all of my collection of about 1,200 CASSETTE tapes of vocal concerts of 1950s to 2010s- Ariyakkudi to Malladi, NCV to R&G, AND instrumental music of TNR to Injikkudi and Mali to Shasank, as well as several devotional music and Upanyasams (Discourses in Tamil) with wooden storage cum display cabinet to any interested carnatic music rasika. To the person who takes these tapes I will also give FREE my SONY surround music system with tuner, dual cassette recorder/player, 5 CD player and 5 speakers. I live in Winter Springs, a suburb of Orlando, Florida. If interested, please contact me. Prof. Sundara Rajan srajan33@hotmail.com