Stuthi Pancharatnam

Classical Dance forms & related music
laya2

Stuthi Pancharatnam

Post by laya2 »

Hi,

Can anybody help me with the lyrics for "Stuthi Pancharatnam" by Madurai N Krishnan. I know the dance choreography for this was done by Late Shri Adyar Lakshman Sir.

I would like to have the lyrics and the talam for the piece.

I know the talam is Talamalika but would like to know what are the talams in this song.

Kindly reply

Lakshman

Re: Stuthi Pancharatnam

Post by Lakshman »

What are the beginning words of this piece?

laya2

Post by laya2 »

Dear Mr. Lakshman,

These are the starting words.

Sumukas Cha Ekadanthascha Kabilo Gajakarnakaha
Lambodarascha Vikato Vijnarajo

Thank you

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

This composition is not by Madurai N.Krishnan. He adapted it for as a dance piece.

SIXTEEN NAMES OF GANESHA
1. sumukhascha Ekadantasca
kapilO gajakarNakaha
lambOdarasca vikaTO
vighnarAjO gaNAdhipA
Meaning: The various names and associated forms of God Ganesha are enumerated and need to be meditated upon here - the one with an auspicious face, the single tusked Lord, the one who is of red color, the one with the ears of an elephant, the one with a big stomach, the one with a jovial disposition, the controller of obstacles, the Lord of the Ganas.
2. dhUmakEtur gaNAdhyashah
phAlacandrO gajAnana
vakratuNDO shUrpakarNO
hErambO skandapUrvajaha
Meaning:The one of smoke gray color, the leader of the ganas, the one who has moon in the front of his forehead, the elephant faced one, the one with a curved trunk (or broken tusk), the one with big (basket like) ears, the one who is heroic like a buffalo, the elder brother of Skanda (Skanda is another name for Lord Subrahmanya)
3. shODashaitAni namAni
yah patEth sruNuyAdapi
vidyArambhE vivahe ca
pravEshE nirgamE tatah
sangrAmE sarva kAryEshu
vighnas tasya na jAyatE

abhIpsitArtha siddhyartham
pUjitOya surairapi
sarva vighna chidO tasmai
shrI gaNAdhipatayE namaha
Meaning:Whoever the one who recites and listens to these sixteen names at the beginning of studies, at the time of marriage, while entering or departing a place, or at the battle field, all their obstacles will be removed. Even the Gods worship Lord Ganesha to receive the fulfillment of their actions. Oh Lord Ganesh, the One who has this power of destroying all the obstacles in the way of the devotees, I prostrate before you.

I cannot comment on the tALAs as I could not find a complete version of this audio.