Archive of Indian Music (AIM)

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
Rsachi

Re: Archive of Indian Music (AIM)

Post by Rsachi »

Ravi,
Go to the website http://archiveofindianmusic.org/
Every single of those 44 tracks and also the info bites are all there for your pleasure. There is even MORE music on the website.

Vikramsampath

Post by Vikramsampath »

rshankar, the website of course gives you a chance to listen to these recordings. The exhibition tracks were however largely exclusive and not found on the website.
Would love to bring the exhibition to the US too provided there is some host organization that might be interested in this!
Regards
Vikram.

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

Would love to bring the exhibition to the US too provided there is some host organization that might be interested in this!
Vikram, I would be delighted if this is a possibility. Are you considering this seriously?

Vikramsampath

Post by Vikramsampath »

@ mahavishnu: Yes of course would seriously be glad to, provided, as i mentioned, there is a host organization willing to support.
Regards,
Vikram

vs_manjunath

Post by vs_manjunath »

Vikram- Hearty Congratulations for Your Excellent Work !!!

It was a pleasure indeed to listen to Bangalore Nagarthnamma's vintage recordings. Will be listening to all the recordings one by one in AIM.

Kudos to you once again for your excellent work.

vsn69

Post by vsn69 »

Vikramsampath wrote: 21 Dec 2012, 13:49 Dear Friends,

Sorry that this took so long to build --there was just too much work involved in cataloguing and creating the database, back-end searches etc. However delighted to invite you all to visit the website of the ARCHIVE OF INDIAN MUSIC (AIM) www.archiveofindianmusic.org.
In this first round we have featured close to 180 artists and about 600 clips of them all-- the complete listing is on http://archiveofindianmusic.org/listing/

I look forward to your valuable feedback and any suggestions for improvement. If there are articles or columns any one would want to submit to make this a more informative site, please do let me know. My email ID is vikram.sampath@gmail.com / info@archiveofindianmusic.org.

Warm regards
Vikram Sampath.

Congratulations. If you still come to Rasikas, a big Hi to you.
And keep up the good work. I'll also provide material and support for your effort.

Regards
VSN