September 16, 2016 in Heaven.

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
Rsachi

September 16, 2016 in Heaven.

Post by Rsachi »

It is September 16, 2016. God is in Heaven, and so also is Kunjamma.
Kunjamma is going about her chores, stringing heavenly flowers, singing melodious songs, putting rangoli, and generally having a wonderful time with God around.
Today, God comes by and stops her, and asks, “Kunjamma, do you know what is today?”
”No Lord, I thought we just passed Ganesha Chaturthi and Vijayadashami is a couple of weeks still to come!”
”Kunjamma, today is your birthday!”
”What!? You mean I am going to be born today?”
”No, silly. It is the day you were born the last time on earth”.
“Oh, really, I never remember such dates, Lord, especially after I came here.”
“Let me tell you, Kunjamma, what is happening on earth, as they celebrate your 100th birthday. You know, on earth, for someone to be remembered on his or her 100th birthday is very rare. They are not alive, and as you sang in Bhaja Govindam yourself, old people don’t really matter much to the world. .....But in your case, in several places, they are playing your songs, remembering your life”.
“Really, God!?”
“Yes, some are also giving concerts with your famous songs. Some people are telling their own stories.”
“What kind of stories?”
“Some are saying that you told them they sang better than you. Some are claiming how your fame was built up by a lot of planning and politics.”
“Oh, really! And...!?”
“Some have made films on you. Some are telling your private family life anecdotes.”
”And what more, Lord?”
“There is one really funny guy, Kunjamma. He is telling people that they are celebrating your name and birthday all wrong, and cheaply and falsely. He says that you were neither a saint, nor a real person, but a story all made up by crafty people around you!”
“But Lord, how does he claim to know all this, and how does he know what is true!?”
“Kunjamma, what can I tell you. Do you know why we call this heaven?”
“Tell me, please.”
“We don’t automatically admit people who say a lot of things. Or those who get a lot of awards. Or become popular singers. Or write a lot of such articles. Or those that keep on telling others that they are bad, or wrong, or false.”
“Yes, of course, I can understand what you mean, God. Even on earth, such people are neither happy nor make others happy.”
After a few thoughtful moments, Kunjamma asks, “But then, Lord, why did you have me come over here!?”
“Kunjamma, because heaven will be a better place with you around.”
Last edited by Rsachi on 22 Sep 2016, 23:09, edited 1 time in total.

VK RAMAN

Re: September 16, 2016 in Heaven.

Post by VK RAMAN »

Awesome

arasi

Post by arasi »

Sachi...:)

And the earth is a better place with people like you around :D

aaaaabbbbb

Post by aaaaabbbbb »

Rsachi Ji,

Fantastic imagination.

May be true too!

May your tribe increase.

Regards.

kvchellappa

Post by kvchellappa »

A true blessing of sarojadalanetri, more valuable than passing IIT with flying colours. If awards mean nothing, degrees mean nothing too. Being a genuine human being is the highest honour. Surely a long time after, you will be by the side of MS, RSachi. Forget the impostors, they spoil the beauty of life.

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Rsachi wrote: “Kunjamma, because heaven will be a better place with you around.”
Arasi wrote:And the earth is a better place with people like you around :D
Baby steps - Rasikas is a better place with you around!

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

I am overwhelmed! It just shows we are all सहृदयी s!

munirao2001

Post by munirao2001 »

RSachi,
Listening to ParaBrahman with heavenly Shradha and Bhakthi, MSSAmma soul amsa of Paramatman told with Saranagathi prapathi, the earthly happenings is beyond my perception and understanding. ParaBrahman replied 'Suswaralakshmi, you are perceiving my leela and will empower you to perceive my 'Krishna leela', of different form of Bhakthi, from your 'impersonal' to 'personal', avataara. MSSAmma prayed ParaBrahman and pleaded his grace for all sangeeta premi rasikas also the vision of sakshatkara of pure perception, free from pride, prejudice, aham and ignorance for taking part in 'Krishna leela' and search for truth.
Madhva Uvacha (munirao2001)

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

ಸ್ವಾಮಿ,
ತುಂಬಾ ಚೆನ್ನಾಗಿದೆ!

kvchellappa

Post by kvchellappa »

Boss, quite good?

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

Saami, romba nalla irukku!

Sivaramakrishnan

Post by Sivaramakrishnan »

Rsachi wrote:I am overwhelmed! It just shows we are all सहृदयी s!
'Sahrdayee'?
shouldn't it be Sahrdayaa:? Pl enlighten, Rsachi.

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

Mr. Sivaramakrishnan,
sahRdayI-s is derived from the root sa+hRdayin

sa+hRdayI means one with similar "tender" feelings
Definition from Apte:
search `hRdayin' in `Apte Dic'
meanings of "hRdayin" a.{c-stem} 1. tender-hearted

Declension of hRdayin noun prathamA vibhaktI eka vacana: Nominative hRdayī (long i)

I wrote "sahridayIs" to represent a collection of people with similar tender feelings.

sahRdayas is also equally valid :)

PS Can you beat it, Panini covers it in V.2.122! VArttika 5 states following are derived from hRdaya: hRdayAluh, hRdayI, hRdayikah, hRdayavAn

Sivaramakrishnan

Post by Sivaramakrishnan »

Thanks RSachi for the details. I get the point.
(I have been rather 'gender-hearted' than 'tender-hearted')
The heavenly dialogue between Kunjamma & the Lord is hilarious & thought-provoking!