Chennai gets a UNESCO tag!

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
shankarank

Re: Chennai gets a UNESCO tag!

Post by shankarank »

Hawking could as well replace "history" with "science" and still make sense I would think.
https://www.theguardian.com/science/201 ... -no-heaven?
I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail
So science didn't make the computer did it?

kvchellappa

Post by kvchellappa »

I might have misquoted Hawking. It is taken from Grand Design, discussing the tentative conclusions of quantum physics. History is of particles and the weird proposition that a particle does not have a unique history, but all possible histories, with the observer determining a history, i.e. the history is coeval with the observer. I am attracted to it because Sankara (the greater one) has said as much. Theoretical scientists as Hawkings too seem to tend to the view that there is no reality outside of a model or theory.
I should understand what science is, what man's part in science is, what history is and what part history plays in man'e evolution and whether history and science are comparable. Till then, I do not understand the comparison.

Sivaramakrishnan

Post by Sivaramakrishnan »

What does the UNESCO citation read? A few more cities also are in the list. All for the same cause?