Dr.Pappu Venugopala Rao resigns from MA

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
jodha

Dr.Pappu Venugopala Rao resigns from MA

Post by jodha »

He was in the news recently.I know very little about him so as many forumites.
Can some one throw some light ?

Nick H

Re: Dr.Pappu Venugopala Rao resigns from MA

Post by Nick H »

If you have seen the news, you have... seen the news, and you know what it is all about.

Personally, I think that trial by internet, especially in the form of lists of names without even specific accusations, stinks. It is worse than the worst of trials or kangaroo courts. It is no trial at all. Condemned without actual accusation, let alone evidence.

Sexual abuse is like the middle-ages accusations of witchcraft. She/he is a witch: send in the mob. (Oh wait, actually we still do that). But it is a great deal more real than witchcraft. It happens behind the doors of "respectable" people all over the world. And people all over the world want to say "Not in our community!" but nobody can.

I speak generally, not about the "accused" in this instance. But that such things can and do happen, whilst it is shocking, should not really be a shock.

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

Good to see the modern society and its institutions which promised freedom and liberty for all including Women, without evolving a code of conduct and discipline around interaction of genders, leaving everything to some human trust , collapse! Soon everybody is finding out it is the Women who finally hold the keys to culture - not some book or some utopia!

A Sanskrit scholar working in such institutions is no exception to this - just a comment without going into the truth of the matter! By the way I saw the UNESCO tag baiter madanand senon in the now expanding list!

On the other hand a culture that subjugates Women the most is breeding fast , with so called liberated cultures not producing enough young people to pay their pensions!

Even the rich cannot command complete loyalty of servants of their own - with robots possibly replacing them! But then still left @ the mercy of somebody.

When they set up that international school of arts with UNESCO tag fame - lets see how they deal with these things! May be it ought to be an all Women and all Men - twin institutions.

Even at the top of the corporate ladder this Woman went to Smith College : An All Women college which she claimed helped her be a leader!

https://www.thestreet.com/story/1428740 ... group.html

Judgement day is nearing! :D

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

To save others grief and worry over this sentence from my fellow alumnus and friend Shankarank, I am doing the analysis of this sentence:

Good to see the modern society and its institutions which promised freedom and liberty for all including Women, without evolving a code of conduct and discipline around interaction of genders, leaving everything to some human trust , collapse!

Green: Principal clause
Pink: Object
Black: Conditional clause.

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

I thought the forum is full of P.G Wodehousers - who read not just phrases separated by commas - but dashes too. Even my school mates recalled how he writes continuously with intervening dashes - niRaiya dAsh pOTTu ezhuduvAn - I remember!

soRkuTTRamA , alladu poruTkuTTRamA? anything wrong with word or substance?

Ramasubramanian M.K

Post by Ramasubramanian M.K »

I missed the news item. Can anyone give me details or links. The other postings in this story allude to some vague references that am not able to connect.
He and my late father were good friends and my father used to "laud" his knowledge ,scholarship etc. I did not know him but the few occasions I watched him during the morning discussions at the Music Academy being a moderator I found his style peremptory perhaps dictated by time concerns and the tight schedules.
Ofcourse one should not attach too much importance to the "comings and goings on" at the Music Academy!!!