Freedom of speech in media which publish TMK's ...

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
kvchellappa

Freedom of speech in media which publish TMK's ...

Post by kvchellappa »

shankarank

Re: Freedom of speech in media which publish TMK's ...

Post by shankarank »

Here is what Blues legend BBKing has to say: “…. for me, one good note put where it should be put, will say what it will take some people many notes to say“. He implies the notes are placed not for just sound, but to convey emotions, bhava.

Knowledge is about accumulation of diverse experience over time. It is not about one winning over the other.
The authors narration is good one for the context it takes! But TMK is peddling ( what he calls Philosophical mumbo jumbo) is, what is actually also a philosophy ( that sound by itself is sacred and divine!). All philosophies also originated from tactile, sensory, bodily experiences (to quote TMK) as much as intellection and hallucination!

That is explained by Dr HMB when he gives the svarUpa lakshana of the svara syllable "sa" which we have discussed in the forum. If the least stressed syllable is linked to a cosmology then by induction every other incremental stress also follows suit.

So when TMK says sound is as important or more important or only important viz-a-viz words and meaning - we will take it in our own way!

So Bhava as sacred, devotion as sacred , and sound as sacred , language as sacred ( all languages reside in the Divine Mother) are all independent statements that can be made in their own merit without any dependence on the other, but at the same time, a connection can be inferred!

It is not just sound which has a cosmology of its own. The stalams do too! Every adjacent village has it's own stala purANA, the creation of that metaphysical universe, its own jyOtiSa ( the day of kalyANa utsavam, pratiShTa dinam) - much of which is recorded by muttusvAmi dIskhitar.

Dr HMB himself will use his Mudra , HarikESa to address a peruMAL as "mUvAsai koNDa peruMAL ... harikESa nagar tanai aDuttAn" - I think referring to vAsudEva nallur! More than the literal meaning of his kriti lines it is that aspect which needs our attention.

https://youtu.be/2O4oaDaO36Y?t=2802 - the myth of Sanskrit as dEVa bASha is demolished in this as early as 1 AD it seems by a Marathi poet. And Abhang literature and tEVAram literature disprove it too!! There is a contextual statement of a ritual tradition that passes through family! Different from the intellectual view on it.

And I like the foreign origin of Sanskrit discussion https://youtu.be/2O4oaDaO36Y?t=2675 - about Aryans coming for the libraries in India! :lol:
Last edited by shankarank on 01 Dec 2017, 11:17, edited 1 time in total.

ram1999

Post by ram1999 »

I guess tmk goes extra kinky in nov and dec months. Perhaps he does not get enough concert opportunities that he resorts to such gimmicks of talking and writing crap to gain the attention of people. A cheap publicity and cheap artist !!

Rengarajan

Post by Rengarajan »

People talk much about Privacy and make a lot of noise on the subject. People may give out their view on artists public performance despite popular opinions. That does not give the licence to somebody to write about somebody's personal life . What has been written was intrusion on somebody's privacy. The Press which takes up cudgels about everything what Government in the name of privacy, is guilty of encouraging such writing about a person's personal life. It is a tragedy that such Press is also encouraged by readers probably because of gossip mongering instincts they suffer from.

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

He can get greater publicity if in all the days of the music season, he can gather some crowd( there are so many brahmin hating parties in TN ) and sit in dharna in front of one music sabha every day shouting or singing revolutionary compositions a la " decemder thingaL kutcheri niRaindha nannA Lal "

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Do people on this forum these days actually care about anything other than what TMK says?

He is accused of publicity seeking... yet he is given more "column inches" here than, probably, anywhere else.

kvchellappa

Post by kvchellappa »

I posted to show how the leftist mouthpiece is one-sided. I did not care to read what TMK wrote. Actually I do not read what he writes. All my comments are based on what other readers bring out here. I assure you Nick, I have said my last word on TMK at least in this forum.

shankarabharanam

Post by shankarabharanam »

Nick H wrote: 01 Dec 2017, 13:06 Do people on this forum these days actually care about anything other than what TMK says?

He is accused of publicity seeking... yet he is given more "column inches" here than, probably, anywhere else.
Well we still get reviews.. Don't we :roll:

As long as we have sabhas patronizing his music and rasikas supporting him, he will keep talking.

arasi

Post by arasi »

vishamakkArak kaNNan...truly mischievous kaNNan:(