Ravikiran live at age 2 - 1969 Music Academy vintage recording

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
vsuresh

Ravikiran live at age 2 - 1969 Music Academy vintage recording

Post by vsuresh »

This audio from the archives of Music Academy is an amazing find after so many years!! This was recorded in Dec 1969 where Shri Chitravina N Ravikiran has been tested by luminaries like Shri Ramnad Krishnan (who has sung Begada & Sahana), Sangita Kalanidhis Shri Madurai Srirangam Iyengar, Shri T N Krishnan and Dr S Ramanathan and others. Though playful and often demanding biscuits and chocolates as rewards even during the show, much to the amusement and amazement of the record crowd of musicians and music lovers and scholars from various parts of the world, the toddler listed the 72 melakartas, 12 chakras, 5 jatis, identified ragas and composers among other things.

To imagine that a 2 year old toddler is capable of knowing so much not only says volumes about his unfathomable genius, but is also a testament of his amazing father & Guru's teaching methodology. Maestro Chitravina N Ravikiran is a living example of a prodigy whose rise has been steady and consistent. Besides god given genius, it takes years of single minded determination and hard work to have gotten to where he is today as a globe trotting Composer- Musician and Guru. It is no wonder that Pandit Ravishankar said - "If you don't believe in God, look at Ravikiran!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bQoFV5 ... e=youtu.be
Last edited by vsuresh on 12 Dec 2017, 07:53, edited 1 time in total.

Sachi_R

Re: Performance Demo at age 2 | Historic Dec 1969 recording| Music Academy Madras

Post by Sachi_R »

Dear Vsuresh,
I head the audio, posted on FB by Apoorva Ravindran. I could not follow the words exchanged with the kid. Could you kindly kindly transcribe it here, so we can read the words (something like subtitles) as we listen in... Thanks.

I have also seen looooong back reports of stalwarts like Sri. Mysore Doreswamy Iyengar and Sri.T. N. Krishnan singing ragas and scales and the 2/3 year child identifying them.