Contact details request

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
Radhika-Rajnarayan

Contact details request

Post by Radhika-Rajnarayan »

Dear members

I have a collection of old spool tapes with rare recordings of concerts by the old masters. Our family tried to institute a trust for digitising these and providing interested listeners the facility of listening to these via listening sessions etc. Unfortunately, the response was extremely poor.
I would be grateful if anyone could provide the contact details of collectors of these old recordings or those who would be interested in digitising them.
We would like to donate these to them / their organisation.
Thank you

sriramr

Re: Contact details request

Post by sriramr »

If you are referring to the cassette (A side / B side one) that is played in tape recorder, then this will work out. You need to have a walk man with a normal 3.5 mm audio jack output. There is a software called 'audacity' which you have to install, connect the walk-man output to the head-phones input of the laptop via aux cable and play the tape cassette till the end. All the time the cassette plays, the audio gets recorded and finally it can be exported as mp3 file. In this way you can digitize your old cassettes. I have done for three to four cassettes and it comes out well without any external noise and hum and reproduces the same content quite well. If you have any particular queries, you can get back to me.

Radhika-Rajnarayan

Post by Radhika-Rajnarayan »

sriramr wrote: 02 Feb 2018, 13:55 If you are referring to the cassette (A side / B side one) that is played in tape recorder, then this will work out. You need to have a walk man with a normal 3.5 mm audio jack output. There is a software called 'audacity' which you have to install, connect the walk-man output to the head-phones input of the laptop via aux cable and play the tape cassette till the end. All the time the cassette plays, the audio gets recorded and finally it can be exported as mp3 file. In this way you can digitize your old cassettes. I have done for three to four cassettes and it comes out well without any external noise and hum and reproduces the same content quite well. If you have any particular queries, you can get back to me.
I am referring to old spool tapes, not cassettes. We have already digitised a whole lot of them using Audacity. We still have a whole bunch more and now are not able to find the time to do this. We will also donate the already digitised recordings to whoever takes the spools. Some files cleaned, some needing cleaning etc. I am looking for someone who would be interested in these, such as the people who run the Sangeethapriya website etc.
Thank you for your suggestion. :)

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

If you post a detailed list of the songs in each concert and include the artist's name, rasikas can check to see if these concerts have already been digitized. This will save a lot of trouble for you.

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

Radhika: Please check your email.

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

I too have over 150 cassettes, mostly karnatak but some hindustani as well, which I am willing to donate if anyone is interested. Please contact me by email. Thanks.