Notable Omissions at Bangalore Ramanavami Concerts

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
hnbhagavan

Notable Omissions at Bangalore Ramanavami Concerts

Post by hnbhagavan »

The Ramanavami season is in the last leg at Bangalore.The major venues Fort High school,Seshadripuram and Vani vidya Kendra.Apart from this festivals were conducted for about a week at a few other places.
Notable Omissions this season compared to earlier seasons:
Sanjay Subramanyam
Abhishek Raghuram
Sudha Raghunathan
Vijaya Siva

MaheshS

Re: Notable Omissions at Bangalore Ramanavami Concerts

Post by MaheshS »

We've got a third people!

Normally I've only seen this for Music Academy and Cleveland Aradhana. Bangalore joins the elite club in rasikas where people discuss why certain artists are not given an opportunity to sing :)

arasi

Post by arasi »

Bhagavan,
Givers and takers...
Even at this long-established, long-running music festival, there are only that many slots. With young musicians coming up in hoards now , it makes it difficult for the ogranizers to showcase all of them every year.There are other factors like free dates for the artistes, congeniality, the matter of monetary considerations and more.

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

Madam arasi,
I agree with you.Just listed the omissions.TN seshagopalan and TV Shankaranarayanan are performing less even at Chennai and hence cannot expect at Bangalore.
A few young performers like Bharat sunder,Vignesh Eswar,Amrita Murali etc have not yet caught attention of Bangalore ramanavami sabhas.
At Fort High School the cost of erecting the Pandal increases each year as they did not manage own building and place.However Kudos to them they find sponsors and to bill the concerts.The concerts are ticketed but will not contribute significantly.
Seshadripuram Ramothsaavam samiti and Vani Kala kendra are both doing well.The concerts are free.But I found Crowd dwindling at seshadripuram year after year.But good attendance in Fort HS and Vani most of the days.

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

Add to the list:
Pantula Rama
Hyderabad Brothers
Neyveli Santanagopalan
Trichur Ramachandran

shankarabharanam

Post by shankarabharanam »

hnbhagavan wrote: 15 Apr 2018, 22:53 The Ramanavami season is in the last leg at Bangalore.The major venues Fort High school,Seshadripuram and Vani vidya Kendra.Apart from this festivals were conducted for about a week at a few other places.
Notable Omissions this season compared to earlier seasons:
Sanjay Subramanyam
Abhishek Raghuram
Sudha Raghunathan
Vijaya Siva
Sanjay's omission was spoken in some other thread in rasikas too. Abhishek must have missed it being in US in the first half of April and I am assuming given there are festivals across TN during Ramanavami, he might not have been able to accommodate this one. Sudha Ragunathan has been in US since January on a fullbright fellowship to teach in University in Fort Lauderdale, USA. So that leaves with Vijay Siva. May be younger crop who aren't touring US got the opportunity this year :)

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

HNB
Can i get the link that gives the schedule of artists?

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

refer kpjayan.wordpress.com
gives all the major concerts