Pari Pari Nee Padame

Place to go if you want to ask someone identify raga, tala, composer etc or ask for sāhitya (lyrics) or notations or translations.
imanallen

Pari Pari Nee Padame

Post by imanallen »

Hi. There is a beautiful composition by Dr. M Balamuralikrishna in ragam Hamsadwani called Pari Pari Nee Padame. It is a stuthi on Lord Ganesha. I am a Bharatanatyam dancer and wish to find a recording of this song so that I may come up with choreography and use it for an upcoming preformance. The only issue is I cannot find a recording of this beautiful stuti in good quality or at least a complete version of the song. All recordings I have found so far are eithet bad in sound quality or are not the full version. Please, if someone has a well recorded version of the full stuthi Pari Pari Nee Padame or knows where I can find one, please respond below. I will be so grateful.

shankarank

Re: Pari Pari Nee Padame

Post by shankarank »

I think it is a vaRNa meTTu of pirai ANiyum perumAn in tamizh. The recording of this is available in one of the youtube videos recently uploaded by Raju Asokan or somebody.

It is also available in sangeethapriya - a concert in Madison WI with Sri Annavarapu and Sri Tanjore Upendran.

imanallen

Post by imanallen »

shankarank wrote: 05 Jul 2018, 09:04 I think it is a vaRNa meTTu of pirai ANiyum perumAn in tamizh. The recording of this is available in one of the youtube videos recently uploaded by Raju Asokan or somebody.

It is also available in sangeethapriya - a concert in Madison WI with Sri Annavarapu and Sri Tanjore Upendran.
Do you have the links to them? I have tried searching but did not find them

imanallen

Post by imanallen »

I appreciate this. But the vocals and style is a bit old. I am looking for something more like this:
https://youtu.be/WDB1rAmcy3g