What is your take on this?

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
SrinathK

Re: What is your take on this?

Post by SrinathK »

I won't change my handle :P

Methinks the former tiger has gained a few 'man-eaterish' characteristics. There's definitely an extra edge to you 3 cats that wasn't there before. :D

Regarding the actual matter of the points, I confess I have become thoroughly tired of TMK. TMK said this and TMK did that... god, this section only seems to come to life whenever he, his themes or the SK is discussed.

vgovindan

Post by vgovindan »

And we are caught in the vortex.

kvchellappa

Post by kvchellappa »

Harimau,
When Arjuna dilly-dallied and did not put down Bhishma, Krishna jumped off the chariot with his chakra and headed to Bhishma. Arjuna reminds him of his pratigna. Krishna retracts. Krishna's act was a momentary lapse.
You are, after the lapse of a post, back to your avatara-karana, keying in words tipped in venom.
You must have more fun now since I have put you on par with (TM)Krishna!

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

kvchellappa wrote: 14 Jul 2018, 02:17When Arjuna dilly-dallied and did not put down Bhishma, Krishna jumped off the chariot with his chakra and headed to Bhishma. Arjuna reminds him of his pratigna. Krishna retracts. Krishna's act was a momentary lapse.
I see a pattern emerging here: pOrilE cakram eDutta varuttamO? En paLLi koNDIrayyA? uRakkam varAmal pOnadenna kAraNam?

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

harimau wrote: 13 Jul 2018, 21:33 Ok, here is an example of casteism for you.

I was having a conversation with a descendant of a famous nagaswaram vidvan (of the Isai Vellalar caste) and happened to mention the name of a well-known nagaswaram vidvan and the reaction was, "He belongs to the barber caste"!

So there are a whole lot of people who believe that certain occupations such as playing the nagaswaram belongs only to one caste and anybody else playing the nagaswaram is attempting to usurp their (Isai Vellalar's) position in the caste hierarchy.
No one is denying that there is casteism all around us. Your posts often reek of it. The argument is if we, the "informed elite" group that we are, should make an effort to contain/purge it from our midst.

I would like rasikas to be a place where martha_krishna feels welcome to participate and exchange ideas instead of being badgered and personally attacked.

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

harimau wrote: 06 Jul 2018, 20:28 <snip>

If you have no opinion, or afraid of the likes of sureshvv, say so.

sureshvv is likely to call you "casteist" for bringing in ambattan.

<snip>
sureshvv wrote: 06 Jul 2018, 21:57 Am beginning to wonder who is really afraid here :D
harimau wrote: 13 Jul 2018, 21:33 You are the one who is afraid!
I am afraid of rasikas becoming a cesspool of casteist insults and accusations.

But of late you are dragging my name gratuitously into various threads where I have not expressed an opinion. Seems like you are waking up in a cold sweat and experiencing flashbacks.

arasi

Post by arasi »

I didn't realize, after all these years of
Music which has brought joy, and Raikas
Which is a favorite spot to visit and stay,
Today takes me away from what life taught --
That caste consciousness be shunned, which
I see takes on viSavrUpA, alas:( Harimau
Mauling feelings, higher thinking, belittling
Fellow beings, thus music too, which unites us :(

Harimau,
Take a new avatAr, mend somewhat, please!
This repeat performance tires us all :( :(

kvchellappa

Post by kvchellappa »

The other avatars are for other affronts.
Hari took avatar for dushtanigraha and Harimau for anishta-jana-nindana.