Extraordinary Social Service Recognized

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
harimau

Extraordinary Social Service Recognized

Post by harimau »

It is reliably reported that Smt Aruna Sayeeram will be the Sangeetha Kalanidhi this year.

Smt Sayeeram's extraordinary contributions in the social field, in particular, her warnings to the public of the dangers inherent in seemingly harmless occupations, is reported to have played a major role in her being selected for the award. More on this later.

Congratulations!

PS. I have jumped the gun here so let us wait for another week for the official announcement.

SrinathK

Re: Extraordinary Social Service Recognized

Post by SrinathK »

I can see the tiger triumvirate sharpening their claws, polishing their teeth, checking those canines, preparing the bombs and bullets, cleaning that tup-tup machine gun for battle, working up the rage, searching for the snake catcher, stocking up on venom, rehearsing their roars, practicing the hunting moves they will use on the cows of their designated 'cowherdess'... will the aging maneaters get enough inspiration to get fit and peak for one more proper hunt? And will they ally with their porcine competitors against a common foe? :mrgreen:

Stay tuned for the fireworks on the Sangeetha Kalanidhi 2018 thread... brought to you by rasikas.org

Purist

Post by Purist »

Good prelude Srinath. Enjoyed reading :D

sankark

Post by sankark »

SrinathK wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 11:04 I can see the tiger triumvirate sharpening their claws, polishing their teeth, checking those canines, preparing the bombs and bullets, cleaning that tup-tup machine gun for battle, working up the rage, searching for the snake catcher, stocking up on venom, rehearsing their roars, practicing the hunting moves they will use on the cows of their designated 'cowherdess'... will the aging maneaters get enough inspiration to get fit and peak for one more proper hunt? And will they ally with their porcine competitors against a common foe? :mrgreen:

Stay tuned for the fireworks on the Sangeetha Kalanidhi 2018 thread... brought to you by rasikas.org
Ahem. What if all that snake song. tup tup, sociological research, ranting & raving were all feigned? Might be harimau the triumvirate or quartet or quintet or whatever it is is very happy with all the recognitions and all the flaming is their way of admiring their Adarsa musicians. Just pause a moment and consider that scenario, ye all, will ye?

SrinathK

Post by SrinathK »

sankark wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 16:04
SrinathK wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 11:04 I can see the tiger triumvirate sharpening their claws, polishing their teeth, checking those canines, preparing the bombs and bullets, cleaning that tup-tup machine gun for battle, working up the rage, searching for the snake catcher, stocking up on venom, rehearsing their roars, practicing the hunting moves they will use on the cows of their designated 'cowherdess'... will the aging maneaters get enough inspiration to get fit and peak for one more proper hunt? And will they ally with their porcine competitors against a common foe? :mrgreen:

Ahem. What if all that snake song. tup tup, sociological research, ranting & raving were all feigned? Might be harimau the triumvirate or quartet or quintet or whatever it is is very happy with all the recognitions and all the flaming is their way of admiring their Adarsa musicians. Just pause a moment and consider that scenario, ye all, will ye?
Maybe in some parallel universe, there is actually a not-angsty harimau who actually prefers to listen to these, what kind of reality and laws will such a universe follow is unimaginable to us...

SrinathK

Post by SrinathK »

@harimau, you've disappointed me. This was your moment of a lifetime, and yet when it was time for you to show up, all we got was hari-meow. Your position is being stolen by the porcines. Am I supposed to accept these phonies as substitutes? :twisted: :twisted:

kvchellappa

Post by kvchellappa »

SrinathK wrote: 18 Jul 2018, 11:27 @harimau, you've disappointed me. This was your moment of a lifetime, and yet when it was time for you to show up, all we got was hari-meow. Your position is being stolen by the porcines. Am I supposed to accept these phonies as substitutes? :twisted: :twisted:
You have missed this: "More on this later."

chalanata

Post by chalanata »

harimau wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 08:21 It is reliably reported that Smt Aruna Sayeeram will be the Sangeetha Kalanidhi this year.

Smt Sayeeram's extraordinary contributions in the social field, in particular, her warnings to the public of the dangers inherent in seemingly harmless occupations, is reported to have played a major role in her being selected for the award. More on this later.

Congratulations!

PS. I have jumped the gun here so let us wait for another week for the official announcement.
vishamakkaara kannan!