More Breaking News: Chief Guest for Music Academy Inauguration

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
sureshvv

More Breaking News: Chief Guest for Music Academy Inauguration

Post by sureshvv »

Grapevine has it that it is going to be Mrs. Indra Nooyi.

shankarank

Re: More Breaking News: Chief Guest for Music Academy Inauguration

Post by shankarank »

Could be! She is related to Smt. Aruna Sairam I have heard in Cleveland.

ram1999

Post by ram1999 »

:? what is so breaking about it

jodha

Post by jodha »

May be they will break a coconut on the chief guest's head.

ganesh_mourthy

Post by ganesh_mourthy »

There is used to be a centre page in the tamil weekly " Vaara malar " that was also called " thunukku mootai ", full of allusions and hints.

" Promise King" and " Win Magnet " rendu perukkum priyamaana kannulla nadigayai kadathi chella potti. Yaar kadathi chendraargal enbadhai adutha varam therindhu kolvom. Innoru kosuru seidhi .. idhil maarket kavinzhndhu pona vadakku gundu nadigai thannai kadatha maatargala .. adhanaal market recover seiyyalaam endru oru natpaasai. Adhu gundu nadigar foreign shooting ponal thaan nadakkum.

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Guys, we should celebrate the occasion when the most famous Indian woman CEO is Chief-Guesting the MMA Vizha.

If you really want to have fun, let's have a contest guessing her speech lines. The one who gets at least 5 lines right (not including thank you, privilege, I love Carnatic etc.) should be rewarded with an year's supply of Lays and Pepsi.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Sachi_R wrote: 08 Sep 2018, 16:45 Guys, we should celebrate the most famous Indian woman CEO is Chief-Guesting the MMA Vizha.

If you really want to have fun, let's have a contest guessing her speech lines. The one who gets at least 5 lines right (not including thank you, privilege, I love Carnatic etc.) should be rewarded with an year's supply of Lays and Pepsi.
Indra Noovi stepped down /retired from Pepsi . She is also related to the husband vidushi Aruna Sairam (I think thru marriage to Sairam ) . I am not sure if being related could outweigh her to be called as chief guest. Any case it is a good and great thing for MMA to increase the brand value internationally. Last year Ravikiran had illayaraja , Sanjay had that young mathematician manjul bhargava , it is always lovely to invite big branded personalities of international repute to have more and more reach to CM .

Suresh,
What is the point in sensationalizing to have a title More Breaking News.Neeyum ujalavukku mArittaya.

SrinathK

Post by SrinathK »

At least it's not as bad as some tabloids that publish HUGE and SHOCK revelations.

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

Sachi_R wrote: 08 Sep 2018, 16:45 If you really want to have fun, let's have a contest guessing her speech lines.
Her key note speech in Cleveland:
Me, a female born in Orthodox culture, in brahmin West mambalam have become CEO ( or COO at that time). You children don't feel odd being in America to be part of that import Orthodox culture , even singing Carnatic music , you can still aspire to be COO/CEO!
Our Mamas yawned and classified it some commencement speech that does not belong there. The Aradhana after all was an event of Nostolgia for many of them, who didn't see their own first gen NRI children of 60s and 70s and 80s sing much at all!

Not an event that is held for children, of children by elders, as sought to be proclaimed over the years as the competition revenue carrot dangled in front of the organizers ;)

The Mamas (clueless ) , their Indian psyche still frozen vacuum sealed , to the time of the day they left the shores of India , only to be retrieved when happenings kindle!

A kind of sense that later became a subject matter of Rajiv Malhotra's Being Different - expanding in dimensions beyond some narrow voices!

Of course the Easter Sunday, when all jaunts were closed for business, the Rascal House Pizza supplies Pizza to Aradhanites without opening the door, as the order is quite large.

In the Indra Nooyi key note year, the whole floor was filled with Pepsi crates ( No Coke diligently!). Donno if it was gifted free.

Some Acid to burn the Slow churning cheese!

Hope the MMA event in the swadeshi conscious epoch does not repeat that part of the history! And Nooyi's speech should quote from Being Different now!
Last edited by shankarank on 08 Sep 2018, 22:54, edited 1 time in total.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

HUGE? Surely must be fake news! :lol:

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

Still good for a Mock MMA key note session! What if Indra Nooyi is the key note speaker ! :lol:

May be we should start with :

1) What if Sharuh Khan is the key note speaker

A genuine key note speaker would be "Tukkaram Ganapathy" - the Abhangist - but that kind of psyche , even the old Brahmins won't possess.

The new non-Caste conscious youngsters of the Arasi world might appreciate , as many Abhang saints were from the various jAtis!

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Shankaran
Your turn of phrase reminds me of some of those cheap Bangaldeshi curry houses in London where every dish tastes the same.
Let's not spoil the fun of this breaking thread with the Caste/Christ curry sauce from other stale threads =dishes.

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

Every dish can be replaced now by every concert now huh? :lol: Hey if we don't unite as humans, we have to unite at least when talking music - where all thoughts unite! :P

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Sachi_R wrote: 08 Sep 2018, 23:55 Let's not spoil the fun of this breaking thread with the Caste/Christ curry sauce from other stale threads =dishes.
Indeed!

Anyway, everybody knows that Jesus was a Coca Cola man.

:mrgreen: :twisted: :mrgreen:

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

You mean a bad idea sold as good for people?

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Sachi_R wrote: 08 Sep 2018, 23:55 Shankaran
Your turn of phrase reminds me of some of those cheap Bangaldeshi curry houses in London where every dish tastes the same.
Let's not spoil the fun of this breaking thread with the Caste/Christ curry sauce from other stale threads =dishes.
Sachi,
I have not been to London and ate any bangladesh side dish but i tried once in Newyork some bangladeshi stuff i get what you say., I think shankarank if he orders six dishes he will order one , eat one ,wash hands ,pay one then do the same thing in five more loops .

Shankarank Stats
-----------------
From Sept 05 till Sept 09 ---> 19 posts in Re: Re: Community’s answer to DC area SSVT’s bigotry thread
From Sept 07 till Sept 09 ---> 5 posts in More Breaking News: Chief Guest for Music Academy Inauguration thread
My eyes are burning i did not manually count other threads of his.

Sankark called this typporhea , i would add shankarank has typporhea Flu Virus with Whatapp strain variation.

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

😀
From tigers we have progressed to viruses.
I am reminded of 3 Idiots and Prof.Virus.

By the way people don't give me credit for it but I was the one who named/deciphered Harimau as the Tiger.

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

Can't believe a discussion on a nice dish like Pizza followed by Pepsi got transformed into a Bangladesh Curry sauce. The latter if it had some spices ( the ones Spaniards and Portuguesians must have died for!) is really a bad dish!

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

a nice dish like Pizza followed by Pepsi
Pepsi/Coke is/are disgusting!

(Of course, if it were not a tiny minority that dislike coke, kfc, macdonalds, etc. those companies would not be what they are today --- so I know that not many agree with me)

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

And my post was rhetorical using the false or reverse rhetorical method! The tiny minority that dislike Coke?? The tiny minority rake in millions because of cheap labor those foods could sustain - all from bovine ingested with hormones , antibiotics - essentially synthetic food!

Else how can a burger cost $1.99

And many of them may own the stock! Only tobacco is socially irresponsible investment!

And Bill gates , in a feel good sound byte dished out to millions watching - famously said in an interview that he (just like any Joe Schmoe) carries $5 to get a Burger in Mac. ( along with Coke - the Coke costlier sometimes!)
Last edited by shankarank on 09 Sep 2018, 21:02, edited 1 time in total.

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

Nick H wrote: 09 Sep 2018, 20:20 Pepsi/Coke is/are disgusting!
I expect the activist musician and his pet NGO(s) to line up in front of MMA with blag flags to oppose the gazillions of gallons her firm sucks out of river beds and watersheds!

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

Sachi_R wrote: 08 Sep 2018, 23:55 Let's not spoil the fun of this breaking thread with the Caste/Christ curry sauce from other stale threads =dishes.
You should know that just mentioning Portuguese would accomplish that! :lol: No London , just head to Goa (very nearby!) to get a feel! :twisted:

bilahari

Post by bilahari »

Rajesh, you should take Nick's suggestion from some time ago and add certain users to the Ignore list. It has made this forum more readable for me.

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

Correct! ( for others who read!) . If you cannot think about things others can , don't be too envious. For all the fad and buzz about stepping outside comfort zones, you should try that also here first!

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Nick's suggestion
Did I say that?

Pity I don't do as I say! :twisted: :lol: :evil:

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

You escaped as you are not a preacher :D

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

Nick H wrote: 09 Sep 2018, 20:20
a nice dish like Pizza followed by Pepsi
Pepsi/Coke is/are disgusting!

(Of course, if it were not a tiny minority that dislike coke, kfc, macdonalds, etc. those companies would not be what they are today --- so I know that not many agree with me)

I will say one thing. If it was a minuscule kiosk or a vending machine or even an voice (alexa, cortana) driven dispenser that would replace the nice canteens where our ancient nala bhAgAs cook ( just like the angavastram donning vidvans that remind us of ramayaNA and the purANas ) dispensing pizza and pepsi, these boviners will stop complaining of canteen being a distraction!

Media will stop commenting on rasikas who come there only for food! Problem solved. Hope IIMB listeners of TMK speech will work on it.

tyAgarAja's words 'paTTi goDDu rIti' will need a makeover.

They have disdain only for Indian cooks, just like they all had for Indian drummers!

This is how much colonized Indian media and it's paTTi goDDU readers are!

kvchellappa

Post by kvchellappa »

That is interesting. Mrs. Indira Nooyi and Mr. Sairam are cousins.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Ms. Indra Nooyi is Sri. Sairam's cousin.