Bluetooth Speakers to suit carnatic music , home listening.

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
ganesh_mourthy

Bluetooth Speakers to suit carnatic music , home listening.

Post by ganesh_mourthy »

I am wondering what are Rasikas' favorite when it comes to audio speakers. I am of the opinion that not all speakers are suited for Carnatic genre.

I had a Bose but was never happy with the Dhum Dhum bass and it was nowhere the original mridhangam sound. I am sure most of you might have experimented with a few and settled for something finally.

Please throw in your ideas about some small portable blue tooth, mid- price range of Book Shelf , and the higher range of surround.

NOt that all are available in India and we have to bear that in mind too.

Anything that you find suitable for both carnatic instrument and vocal .

Thank you

Sachi_R

Re: Bluetooth Speakers to suit carnatic music , home listening.

Post by Sachi_R »

Sir,
I would like to help.
I have a Bose Lifestyle 5.1 system for over ten years. It fills the room and has great sound quality except for some programmes/audio recorded with poor sound fidelity. For example AIR FM programmes sound very good on Bose as if I am in the studio.

I have portable speakers, 2.1 speakers and headphones too.

I feel we should approach your requirement as follows:
1. Do you want to connect your TV/Netflix etc.? Then you need a soundbar. That will also have bluetooth.

2. Do you want a built-in line/headphone input apart from bluetooth?
3. Do you want rechargeable battery operated portable speaker?

4. Do you want stereo?

Based on that we can narrow down. What is your price range?
I imagine you can get a good 2.1 bluetooth speaker that sits near a TV or computer and produces a roomful of sound for about 4K₹. Soundbars cost up to 10K₹.
Kindly check out in a real store like Croma, Sony and Philips showrooms. You can actually listen and then buy.

ganesh_mourthy

Post by ganesh_mourthy »

Thank you Sachi Sir,

Your suggestions are helpful as I am improvising on it. My listening will be from multiple sources like apple music, online music, my own collection of MP3, youtube and what have you.

I cannot dedicate a separate acoustically ready space like a hall and hence I am looking for something that I can carry around yet good. I have something in mind, but let me know from you and others too.

I have tried Klipsch and Definitive technology ( the high-end ones ) and they are both super impressive but need a setup and cannot be moved around. Music is growing in me and it has become a part of my life and I do not mind investing, but do not want to make a wrong choice as it can be a deterrent to the enthusiasm.

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

Get the Cortana from Microsoft which is also a home assistant - comes with Harmon Kardon. If you go with Echo dot - here is an article: https://www.cnet.com/how-to/amazon-echo ... -with-dot/

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

JBL Flip 3

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Goes well with this (click)

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

There is a whatsapp troll ( I will avoid posting a link to save some grace) that talks about the full IOT'ed home , the gentleman walks out to get his teeth pulled by not so robotic a dentist , comes home only to find that he is unintelligible with his cotton balled mouth!