Why TMK is sought after as a teacher

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
kvchellappa

Why TMK is sought after as a teacher

Post by kvchellappa »

Last edited by kvchellappa on 29 Sep 2018, 15:45, edited 1 time in total.

ganesh_mourthy

Re: Why TMK is a sought after as a teacher

Post by ganesh_mourthy »

Wow wow !! I am all game for the broadside. Guys brace yourselves. Mods, Keep the button nearby ready to press.

He is good as a teacher. V good rather.

Ah , I am bracing myself ....

RasikasModerator2

Re: Why TMK is sought after as a teacher

Post by RasikasModerator2 »

All discussions about the music are welcome. But any post deviating from the topic at hand and blowing up into a flame war will be removed, without mercy. You have all been warned beforehand. :twisted:

In an ideal world, we shouldn't be needed, and there'd be free speech. But we have ample train-wrecks of threads that cast serious doubt in people's ability to handle freedom. We will do this on any controversial topic, until the overall level of discussions improves.

So contribute here only if you stick to the music. There can be other threads about the man and his other excursions, and there you have all the right to state your opinions, even passionately, but please agree or disagree without blowing up the place, showing us your power of hatred, trolling the thread, and throwing vitriol at each other.

Thank you.

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

Many different renditions. After a search in sangeethapriya with search term: "badalika":

1) SrI sandhyAvandanam sings like how TMK teaches.

2) SSI sings it with the slow paced version,

3 fast pace version (2) above in 1 kaLAi, what I remember BrahmaSrI BAlakrishna SAStrigal sang in SrI tyAgarAja rAmAyaNam - don't have alink for this even though I tried all the parts of this in youtube.

4) KVN sings the fast paced 1 kaLai version of what SrI sandhyAvandanam sang in (1)

Between (1) & (4) Vs. (2) & (3) the different is for (1) & (4) the opening phrase baDalika tIra ends before the Arudhi ( first dRtam) of Adi tAlA , whereas for (2) & (3) the tIra lands on the start of second drtam.

I like the fast paced version, since it is compact, without loss of lullaby feel. Benefit of doubt goes to tyAgarAja's madyama kAlAm!

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

ramamatya

Post by ramamatya »

Like Bart Simpson says in The Simpsons series: "BORING !"

Thalela adichhikura madiri oru smily irunda quick reply panradukku easy-aa irukkum. Lots of posts/threads make me and many here (I presume) feel so.

vgovindan

Post by vgovindan »

ramamatya

Post by ramamatya »

That's interesting. But I was thinking more like https://goo.gl/images/G7DN2z