RASIKAS.ORG has completed 14 years of yeoman service.

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
Nick H

Re: RASIKAS.ORG has completed 14 years of yeoman service.

Post by Nick H »

Rasikas.org has the added advantage of leading to many offline meetings. I think I have met most if not all of the people mentioned in the article, including, of course, the author.

Being a small world, I independently know the author's parents! And that connection was made through our fellow member Nargeswaran

VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

Yes, I have enjoyed and immensely benefited from Rasikas. Thanks to Ramakrishnan and many others for holding the torch

ajaysimha

Post by ajaysimha »

just went through all the replies to my question.
thank you all the people(rasikas) who watered this coconut tree (rasikas.org), which is benefiting with its sweet-water and shade today.
endaro mahanu bhavulu, andariki vandanamu !!!

SrinathK

Post by SrinathK »

Here's a short clip of a rasikas' meet from a few years ago (thanks to whoever saved the video) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAV2vV09lfc

All the mahAnubhAvulus of the forum in one place.

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Nick H wrote: 14 Feb 2019, 15:19Rasikas.org has the added advantage of leading to many offline meetings. .
And through those meetings we have discovered common interests (of which music and rasikas are but one aspect), and have become friends, rather than mere online acquaintances or fellow-forumites.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Yes, Ravi, Nick and others..

Home away from home it surely is--
A busy old-fashioned family at that
We come and go, all under the same roof
Sometimes meeting, at times away--but
Always knowing we belong together, no matter...
Some of us meet, keep in touch, mainly where
Music happens--we keep tabs on each other
We at times have tiffs, just as in a family,--but
We are friends, in the name of music :)

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

This thread brings back such lovely memories! Arasi: Thanks for your lovely poem, as always.

I have really enjoyed meeting so many wonderful souls through this forum, and for that I am eternally grateful. Almost to the point that my communication with them (off the forum) has become a major part of my life. We meet when space and time converge but when we do, we go right back to discussing everything from saveri to asaveri, Mylapore to Milpitas, Raga Sudha Hall to Swara raga sudha.

I have been dormant lately. Life often gets in the way. I have learned so much from the wisdom of the people here. I would like to post more... will hopefully find more time in the future.

Namaskarams to all!

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

mahavishnu wrote: 15 Feb 2019, 09:30 I have really enjoyed meeting so many wonderful souls through this forum, and for that I am eternally grateful. Almost to the point that my communication with them (off the forum) has become a major part of my life. We meet when space and time converge but when we do, we go right back to discussing everything from saveri to asaveri, Mylapore to Milpitas, Raga Sudha Hall to Swara raga sudha.

I have been dormant lately. Life often gets in the way. I have learned so much from the wisdom of the people here. I would like to post more... will hopefully find more time in the future.
WIth perhaps you in mind I wrote this in post #9 in this thread
rajeshnatinPost#9inThisThread wrote: # writing time is going to WhatsApp and/or facebook. But in this world of fake news the only way to write coherently cohesively and expansively write is to write in the forum with a bulletin board structure not the facebook which is either one sided AND/OR restricts you to know only with few artists that you follow. This is da
Ramesh There you are in the most happening carnatic place in BayArea , the intersect of supestar 4 hour sabhas like SIFAS and Sankrithilaya ,also few more that are springing up that i donot know yet . In my working field , people generally say if they go from India to US particularly California/NewYork/Texas etal and work ,they learn and give their best in their work.

In a vijaysiva concert in Rathnagirieeswarar temple concert post the concert you came to me and asked me are you rajesh ,i said yes and then the saga went on till the Whatsapp AND/OR Facebook took away the rasikas.org writing time .

Mylapore is bit dying in musical content Milpitas is growing in musical content . Mahavishnu - Time to get back to writing lovely reviews from milipitas , you are a big BIG contributor in writing reviews. Get into #da